Chapter 21

Basma's photo Above.

Sauf's POV.

I finished making breakfast which consisted of some fried chicken and custard. I quickly plated mine, rinsed my hands and headed upstairs to have my meal in my room as I usually did.

"Hey hey! Pumpkim!" I looked up and the beast was standing right in front of me. I hated his sight! I hated his voice, his scent, his body, his personality. I hated him completely and everything about him. He never missed a chance to make me suffer and take advantage of me. At first, I never gave him the chance but I grew weak by the day.

"What?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"You don't know what's happening wifey?" He vocalised, trying to hold my hand but I resisted.

"Just go straight to the point. I don't have your time," I hissed.

"Well, your darling and beloved husband...oops, ex-husband is getting married today, imagine. Hahahahahahah!" He had a huge grin on his face.

I looked up at him with wide eyes which I was sure could pop out at anytime. No this can't be! Never! Ammar cannot do this to me. Yes I know I'm also married but everyone knows how it all happened. But how can Ammar get married. No! He belongs to me and no one else. I think I should call him!

By the time I was out of my trance, Rayyan had gone which I was glad about. I kept my tray of food on the floor and ran upstairs to my room.
I shot the door and slid down it sobbing uncontrollably. I continued to pat my forehead in defeat. It was all over, Ammar had moved on.

I wanted to give him a call but I was scared he wouldn't want to talk to me, but then I thought, he loves me so much. Well maybe Rayyan was just trying to scare me, I knew how low he could stoop.

I quickly grabbed my phone to call Ammar but realized I didn't have his number since when Rayyan forcefully changed my SIM card in order for me not to talk to Ammar. Luckily, I knew his number off heart so I dialled it.

He picked up in the fourth ring which I was literally smiling at.

"Hello? Who is this?" I heard his voice again after so long. It felt good and comforting, it felt as if the whole world had changed.
I'm sure he doesn't have my new number.

"It's S-"

"Ammar! Hurry, you should be waiting for your bride not the other way round." A voice cut me off from his end and it sounded like Ammi's. He then hang up which was shocking.

"It's true," I murmured. I couldn't even cry no more, it hurt too much, the tears weren't there anymore. I just lay on my bed, thinking about all the good moments we had together.

He probably doesn't want me anymore. I'm too strong for him. Maybe he likes less confident women.

I then decided that if Ammar wanted to move on with his life, then I should do the same. We weren't destined to be, we weren't made for each other but at least the love I had for him would never fade away no matter what.
I just hoped I still had a soft spot in his heart, just like he had in mine. I stared at his picture for quite sometime on my phone and decided to delete it. I wanted to move on with life. I wanted to be the strong and confident I'd always been.

And I knew just how to do it.

Ammar's POV.

I fixed my tie properly and locked the door behind me before heading out. It was my wedding day and I couldn't help but miss Sauf so much, my life and everything. How I wished that Basma would just change into Sauf.

I wish I can talk to you now Sauf. I've called you several times but your line never went through. Maybe you don't want me anymore and that's why you've changed your number. I just wish Allah can make a miracle happen so I could see you now. I just wish uh! How do I tell you that I still love you a lot Sauf? How do I tell you that every second that passes everyday, my heart aches knowing the next moment, I'll spend without you again. Anyways, If this is Allah's plan then there's nothing we can do. This is our qadr indeed.

Everyone hopped Into the car and I requested to drive alone in my car to clear my head. I turned on the ignition and recited my azhkar. 30 seconds later, I zoomed off.

Throughout the ride, I had been listening to music so it'd calm me a little. Suddenly I saw a lady walking out of a bank but before I could see her face she had turned around. Her body looked exactly like Sauf's.

I parked the car at the side and stepped out as fast as I could.

"Sauf!!" I screamed trying to get to the lady I saw but she disappeared in the nick of the time.

It can't be her. If it were her then she'd have turned when I called her.

I walked back to the car and proceeded to the wedding alter.

On arriving there, I was glad that only our family members and close relatives were there. Because I didn't want too much crowd since it wasn't my first wedding.
The imam arrived and the wali of Basma was also there. The khutbah (sermon) kicked off and the nikah began officially.

I said what I had to say and the wali did the same.

"And I pronounce you husband and wife!" The imam concluded. I felt regret and anger in my heart. I couldn't possibly have done this. I can't treat anyone as my wife except for Sauf. She is my entire world.
Oh Allah! Even after knowing where she lives, I can't see her neither can I even contact her. What sort of torture is this?

I held Basma's hand and took her to the back of the building.

"Listen to me, Basma. I know you're a nice girl but I just want to clear things up. One, don't expect me to love you because I'm already in love with my first wife. Two, don't try to come near me. If I ignore you, do not complain. Don't try to impress but do your duties as a wedded wife. You're free to work and go wherever you want to. Just do not invade in my matters and privacies." I watched as she simply nodded and left. I heaved a sigh of relief knowing that she understood me well enough.

The dancing, eating, and whatnot all were in good shape. Everyone was enjoying themselves except for me. I never imagined I'd have to leave Sauf. We all went home and the celebrations continued. I went to my room and stared at Sauf's picture for Allah knows how long.

Later, at night time, I went back to my house as my family said that I and Basma had to go.

I didn't wait for her, so I just left. I got to my room and memories came flashing back again. I remembered everything very clearly. I slowly sat on my bed with Sauf's picture buried in my chest. Yeah I know you guys might think I'm an emotional freak and not like other men who act like psychopaths. The only difference between me and those kind of men is that I care about close relationships very much. I can also act like a man but I have two sides.

In no time, I fell into a deep slumber.

Now their lives have taken a huge turn. What is Sauf planning to do? Leave your thoughts in the comment section down below.
And if you liked this chapter, be sure to give it a vote please.

I love you all so much and I appreciate all the support you've all been giving me so far❤❤❤❤❤❤

Love your gal, Asmaa✌❤