Chapter 28

Sauf/Reem's POV.

Looking back at everything that happened back then between me and Ammar, I came to realise he didn't even care how I would feel before remarrying again. My situation was understandable but as man he was meant to do something to save our relationship. I know he tried but not enough. He made me go through pain for months, thinking of him everyday with his new wife. Seeing him on TV almost everyday with his wife at public events angered me. The way he always held her hand made my blood boil. And worst of all, that wife of his, was none other than my enemy at college.

I began to regret ever knowing him and I got upset at knowing he still existed. His sight makes my heart angry and makes my blood boil So much to the point it almost dried up.

I decided if I ever had to meet him one day, is surely take my revenge and look who's working for me now!

_________

I watched him as he strode up to the stage, he looked so startled and shocked.

"You didn't see this coming, did you?" I patted his shoulder, giving him a fake smile.

"You can give your brief speech," I said, handing him the Mic and stepping down back to my seat.

I heard as he stuttered and blundered all through his fake thanks. He had no option, I had to embarrass him. And he must go through what I felt.

The party finally ended and I and Sara headed back home as soon as all the guest had left.

"Reem, all these years you haven't told me why Basma was your college enemy, enlighten me?" She asked. I sat majestically on the bean bag beside the couch in my huge living room. Fiddling with my fingers, I finally spoke.

"You know, back then, I used to perform so well in class. I would occasionally be given awards and a lot of responsibilities. And I was made the overall prefect of my department. I was told that anyone who slipped lectures, I must take action. Basma often skipped classes and insulted teachers anyhow. I decided to reprimand her one day. I kept confronting her and shouting at her, in no time almost everyone gathered around. I revealed all the things she used to do back in high school...She smoked, drank alcohol and slept with boys, she had even aborted a child before. Because of that she vowed to take revenge on me And that is what she thought she did with Ammar,"

"What a story...well go freshen up and go to bed, we have work tomorrow." She heaved a sigh. "And the Ammar stuff...well-" I immediately cut her off.

"I liked it!" I stated firmly and walked to my room.

I replaced my short Chanel dress  with a black fluffy robe. My hair was already disfigured from the beautiful curls from earlier on.
I quickly took a shower and wore my long green silky gown.

I lay on my bed and began to think about my next plan. I want to do the exact same thing to him.

I need to call Manal to ask her about her brother Amir. I just hope he's around.

Ammar's POV.

"Fahd why would she lie like that? What's going on? This CEO of a thing isn't my Sauf. The Sauf I know, isn't heartless and a liar," I lamented. I and Fahd were now in my apartment.

"Listen Ammar, what ever happened today, shouldn't have happened. Okay? I myself don't understand why she did what she did. She made it look as if you had begged for the position and you're a corrupt person. The worst part is, it's all on national TV. All those tycoons that knew you before will begin to despise you. What has she done!" Fahd commented as I listened with my fingers locked into each other under my chin.