Chapter 20

Rayyan's photo above.

Third Person's POV.

Sleep, wakeup, shower, eat, siesta. That was Sauf's routine every single day, of course she prayed in between her schedule. For one month that was all she did, she became so depressed she never even took care of herself anymore. She got a high fever but Rayyan would never let her out of the house. He instructed the guards to not allow her go out without his permission. Her parents came to visit her two days ago. They felt really sorry for the situation she was in. Even though she had forgiven them, she still blamed them for the situation she was in.

Waking up everyday hurt so much, she had to be reminded that she was living with a beast. If she made his coffee one minute late, he'd nag and yell and scold her and even hit her sometimes. But being the strong girl she was, she never gave him the chance to misuse her all the time. If his friends came over, she had to prepare five dishes quickly and not show her face to them.

"I feel embarrassed by you," he'd say.

"Then why don't you let me go?" She'd ask.

"Because i picked you to pay for what happened between your dad and my dad." He'd answer.

The day he told her that, she was shocked. She didn't know how many other things her parents were hiding from her. She decided to ask her parents about it when they came.

"I won't be able to hide anything from you anymore," he'd said the other day.

"I was driving in the rain a year ago and as you know, there's a strict law in this city that no pedestrian should be out when it's raining. So I accidentally hit a man and he turned out to be Malik's younger brother. Malik vowed to put me in prison even though his brother didn't die. And they planned it all, for him to go out and get in my way. But I managed to put him in prison for a month. And that's why he decided to torture you in order for me to get on my knees and beg him and I've been doing that but he's refused to let you go. I'm sorry dear, please my dear, forgive me. I have wronged you and your life has changed negatively all because of me," he'd told her very single thing.

It was dinner time by the time she woke up, as usual she didn't expect him to be home. He usually never slept at home or he'd come back after twelve am. She decided to make some basmati rice and soup for herself.
She missed Ammar so much that everything reminded her of him. Staring at his picture became a routine as well.

Ammar's POV.

One month had been torture for me. Not being with Sauf was one tough turning point.  I would spend my entire day in my room. I would work from home for about four hours only and keep torturing myself as everyone said I was doing. I spent most of my day staring at her picture, I pasted her pictures on the wall everywhere. Everything reminded me of her, every part of the house spoke 'Princess'. I missed her delicious meals and the way she threw tantrums when she was pregnant. I missed my twins.

My routine everyday became, Sleep, wakeup, shower, work for four hours, think about Sauf all day long and sleep again. Obviously praying as well.

Two weeks after she had left, I'd go home after twelve pm. I started drinking a lot but then one night as I was about going out to drink, I thought to myself
Princess won't be happy if I have to drink. I won't drink again.

___________

Mum had summoned for me so I had to go. I freshened up and changed my clothes. Driving to my parent's house, I was thinking what mum wanted again. She had succeeded in in separating both of us. I don't think anything she does will affect me. Since she had stolen my love from me.

I pulled over at the side and rang the bell. The maid opened up and stepped without any salaam. I had changed a bit.

"Welcome son, have a sit," Ammi said as she motioned to the sofa on my right.

I sat down quietly and asked after dad. I was told he went out for a walk.

"Son, it's been a month you've left that witch-"

"Ammi please stop calling her a witch. What problem do you have with her and-"

"Shut up and don't Interrupt." She pointed a finger at me. "You will be getting married to my friends daughter the day after tomorrow in shaa Allah, with or without your consent."

"What?! I won't" I said firmly.

"Yes you will. And mind you, everything is set already. It's just going to be a small nikah...Not much people were invited. You better be ready." After saying what she had to, she stood up and patted me on my head.

"This is the best for you. To move on. And to forget Sauf, Basma is a nice girl, believe me." I didn't bother to move from my slouched position and she left. I also got up to leave. On my way our, I met my father coming back.

I told him everything and he asked me to leave everything to Allah.

"Don't worry too much, it's all Allah's plan. He chooses the best for his followers. Don't lose hope and keep your imaan in Him. Maybe remarrying is the best option for you."

"But Abbi, I love Sauf, I can't cope without her,"

"I understand son. But Allah's time is the best."
He patted my shoulder and left.

I got into my car and heaved a long sigh.

"Well maybe this is Allah's plan. There's nothing I can do," I said to myself.

An update! How's Ramadan? May we see many more of it. Amin.
If you liked the chapter please vote and let me know your thoughts by commenting.

Asmaa❤❤🥀