Chapter 39

Ammar's POV.

To say I'm happy is an understatement really. Sauf finally has a change of heart towards me. She has finally started seeimg things in a different way. So all the wait was worth it.

Ya Allah! You alone we worship and you alone do we seek for help and you have solved my problem or atleast half of it.
Now that she's gradually having a change of heart, will she still hold grudges about what she doesn't even know?

_____________

I just finished taking a hot bath when my phone signified i had a call to attend to. To my surprise, my younger brother was calling.

"Salaam Ali," I said once swiping to answer.

"Wa'alaikum Salaam. How are you and things over there?"

"All good and you won't believe i met Sauf over here well story for another day. How's Ammi and Abbi?"

"They're fine but Abbi is suffering from a mild diabetes. He's currently receiving treatment and getting better."

"Oh send my regards to him, tell him that I'll call him. And mom?"

"Ah mom is absolutely fine AlhamdulilLah ,"

"AlhamdulilLah,"

"I actually called to tell you that there's another addition to my family!!!"

"Masha Allah Ali, oh I'm so happy. Shukran Ya Allah! Oh myyyyy!!!!!"

"When did Afra give birth?"

"Yesterday night"

"Awww what's the baby's name?"

"Sudais"

"AlhamdulilLah "

We talked for like two more hours before we both hang up. I started to dress up as I thought,

My younger brother has become a father of two kids, Cool right? And what about me? My life was a standstill once. And Sauf was honestly the cause but I'd never hate her for that. If only she'd give me a chance.

I clipped my wristwatch, grabbed my office bag and went to check on Fahd.

"What?! You're already eating without me? Don't tell me there's no food left!" I whined.

"Thought you were fasting...umm sunnah you know," he was obviously trying to hold back his laughter. I was really annoyed. How could he?

I stormed out of the house angrily amd headed downstairs. In return for what he did to me, i took his car which meant he had to walk.
Firstly, i stopped at Mabel's to have breakfast. Just as i was stepping in, i bumped into a lady and her purse fell. I immediately bent to pick it up and give it to her.

"Here I'm so--" As I handed the purse to her, it turned out it was Sauf whom i bumped into.

"Ammar? Whatchu doing here?"

"Umm breakfast! What about you?"

"Same. Actually I'm annoyed with Sara. She had breakfast made for one only, so i left without her and came here,"

"D'you know that's exactly what happened to me! Fahd made breafast just for himself and was making stupid excuses so i came here leaving him behind,"

"What a coincidence! Let's sit then,"

"Sure!" We both pulled the chairs at the table I and Fahd always settled for. "Waiter!" The waiter cane in a jiffy and we both ordered some food. I ordered Fresh Tacos, meatbags and some mango smoothie. Sauf ordered the same thing as well.

In no time, the food was brought and we both dug in.

Sauf's POV.
As i and Ammar ate our meals, we chipped in some words randomly. I must say, i really was enjoying my meal. As it is said: When food is cooked with love and is eaten together with someone with a good heart, it tastes a million times better.

I normally don't take meatbags for breakfast but for a reason or the other, today i did.

After we finished eating, we both went to the office to start our day properly.

___________

I was sipping my coffee when Sara walked in casually. I rolled my eyes at her and continued reading what i was reading.

"Oh Sauf, I'm sorry!!! Pleaseeeeeee forgive me pleaseeeeeee," She came behind me and rested her chin on my left shoulder. "I can explain!"

"Go ahead, fabricate your story," I sipped my coffee again.

She lifted her chin and sat on one of the chairs adjacent to my desk.

"Actually, the thing is umm..."

"Can you go straight to the point? I don't have much time," well you can't blame me for being cold, who wouldn't get angry if breakfast wasn't prepared with them?

"Okay! This is it. I and Fahd devised a plan to...to...make you and Ammar end up together."

I stood with an angry face, ready to fire back.

"Wait! I can explain,"

I sat down again and glared at her.

"We just wanted you two to spend sometime together. Listen Sauf, don't forget, you two were once married. Why're you acting as if you just got to know each other? You were once committed to each other. And by Allah's will, you almost mothered his kids, remember? Sauf stop deceiving yourself and accept the fact that you still have feelings for him. Over the past few years, i'd seen that in your eyes. You just didn't want to face reality and you were scared of getting hurt again right?"

She paused for a minute and our eyes met.

"Answer me, am i wrong?"

I shook my head to mean no.

"See! I'm telling you Sauf, you still feel the same. You still love him. And you know what? There is no one in this world, absolutely no one except Allah who loves you more than Ammar does. Listen Sauf, if you still refuse to face reality, you will just destroy two souls. Go to him and confess your love before it's too late! Ammar is your life and i know you can't live without him, then why are you torturing yourself? I'm telling you Sauf, if only you'd hear what happened to him in this past five years..."

"What happened to him?" I asked leaning towards her.

"It's not my place to tell you, it's best if he tells you himself,"

After uttering those words, she got up and left. She left me to ponder on all she'd said. I managed to clear my head and then I continued work.

Later that day, at night to be precise, i lied on my bed and began thinking about everything Sara had said earlier on.

She could be right! I'm really in love with Ammar! Once again! But am i ready? What if things don't work out again?
So all this while, all I've been doing was punishing the only person that would lay down his life for me. I failed to see through the hurt in his eyes, i was blinded by false hate. I shouldn't have done what I've been doing. I can't even begin to imagine what I've done to him! I'm such a bad person uhhh...

Hey guys! Things are getting betterrrrrr...yayyyyyyy!!!!!!

Who's POV will you like to see more?

If you liked this chapter please give it a vote amd leave your opinions below.

I love you all very very much😍😍
Love Asmaa❤️❤️