Chapter 35

Sauf's POV.

For the past few days, I'd been feeling quite down, not knowing what i was doing and so on. I often went to the beach to relax my mind a bit and that sort of helped. Seeing Ammar everyday, deteriorated my mood because it was because of him that i was in that situation.

I decided I would go out with Amir and spend time with him. At first I fake dated him but I accept it. In fact I love him very much.

I was going  through the files brought to me by Mrs. Anne as I sipped my coffee when Sara came in. There was an obvious urgency plastered on her face.

"Reem, there's a press conference that you have to do. And unlike other press conferences, I won't  be with you this time, Ammar will. There's a meeting in Glasgow that I need to be at."

"But can't you find someone else to accompany me?"

"You know very well how competent Ammar is. Put aside your differences and go with him"

I agreed because I had no choice. I am the owner of the company but Sara has more say in things than I do. What can I do, I need her to sustain my company.

The day of the press conference came and Ammar showed up in my office just in time. I have to admit, he looked extremely dashing even though I hated him so much. We set out to the hall where it would be holding in time so we wouldn't be late.

"Here they are!" I heard a couple of journalists say.

"He is Ammar Abdullah. He was once a business tycoon before his company was bought. In fact I heard he abandoned his first wife you know!" Their words angered me to the point that I felt like strangling them to death. I clenched my fists together trying to control my anger as well as I could.

We continued walking slowly past them to settle for our sits.

"Hey but this is his first wife, the one he abandoned! What is he doing with her?"

Their words echoed in my ear. This time, got tears were daring me. I couldn't control them. I just ran out. As fast as Cinderall did, when the clock ticked twelve am. It felt as if a magic spell was on me and it would begin, the next minute I decided to stay in that hall.

"Don't you dare say one more word! You people are journalists do do your job and do not interfere in other's business. She is a woman for goodness sake. Have some respect. The next person that utters another word, I promise that will be the end of whoever. Get lost! There won't be any press conference. Out!" I heard as Ammar was yelling at the top of his voice. His voice sounded so genuine, he wasn't lying.

I found a bench as I sat there for the next two minutes. I then strolled to my car, hopped in and left. I was completely blank and expressionless for the twenty minutes drive home.

All the pain that I had managed it leave behind, give years ago came stteaming back. I couldn't feel anything. I wasn't even ready to face the awful and horrible truth of my life. I was abandoned by my husband for a low girl. And even after her there was still someone he wanted to marry. How could this have happened to me. I wasted my time in marriage with that man. I should stayed unmarried, after all I never wanted to marry so soon. But on hearing I would be aloud to work after marriage, it gave .e the utmost urge.

_______________

I turned the knob of my room and pushed it in slowly. I released my lips heavily  from their pursed position as I locked the door behind me. I slid down the door slowly and buried my face in.

Every single tear that I've held back for five long years, I let them out for five straight hours. My heart aches so badly. Remembering how Ammar cheated me after our divorce.

After hours of devastation, I slowly got up and like my old self, I performed wudhu and prayed all the prayers I had missed.

After I was done, I grabbed a pillow and lay on it diagonally on my bed. I kept staring at space, blankly. Since it was already night time, I decided I'll just stay like that until sleep takes its toll on me.

Someone then opened the door  but I didn't move. I just stayed in the position that I was.

"S- Reem?" It was Sara's voice. I quickly got up and faced her.  Tears then welled up in my eyes again.

I ran to her and gave her tightest hug I think I have ever given anybody at all. I broke down all at once.

You might think I'm exaggerating, but the mere thought of what i had to go through after Ammar's remarriage, shatters me into a billion pieces. I feel cheated and betrayed and that's one thing I've always feared for.

"Someone is downstairs for you," she said after I had let go.

"W-who?" I asked in a shaky voice.

"I think you should see for yourself." I blinked twice before I left the room. I didn't even bother covering my hair at all.

I walked quite slowly as I descended down the stairs. I didn't even wipe my tears I just left them to keep flowing to remove all the pain from my body.

"Reem!" I immediately looked up and the last person I wanted to see that day was in front of me.

"Ammar!" I yelled as I ran towards him.

"Just leave, today because of you I had to remember all the things I went through. Just...ah!" I yelled at him. I didn't even bother about revealing to him that I was actually Sauf.

"Oh so you're Sauf?"

"Yes! Yes! Yes! So? Five years ago, after our divorce, you just went to marry that Basma of a thing. You started loving her so much right? I saw all of it on TV. I was never against you remarrying but how could you live anyone else apart from me huh? Didn't you even care to contact me and tell me you were remarrying. All I did was see, Business Tycoon, Ammar Abdullah with Heartthrob Basma. Explain that! And even after her you still wanted to marry again didn't you? I see all you live doing is getting married. Ammar if only you knew what I've been through this past five years, you wouldn't be standing in front of me today. You have-" I didn't even finish what I was saying when he cut me off mid sentence.

"Just shut up! Shut up! You know what, I actually came here to explain things to you, to tell you the whole truth but it seems you're still blind."

"Whatever. The revenge I want to take on you, I still Will!!!" I screamed back, turned and left.

Spicy spicy!!!!!

Thanks for reading if you liked the chapter pls vote and comment and share.

I love you all so much❤❤

Love, Asmaa❤