Chapter 41

Sauf's POV.

"You can do this Sauf, I know it! you can and you will, right?"

"In shaa Allah," i gave Sara a tight hug.

It was ten thirty am and we had just finished having our breakfast of chips, wings and custard. I had an appointment at the mall and an important one at that.

Sara left to go get ready as we had to leave immediately. Since i already had my phone and wallet with me, i just sat down and waited for her. In less than five minutes, she was down.

"Done let's leave," she confirmed and i immediately got up and headed for the door.

I smiled and blushed throughout the ride, knowing what was awaiting me. Reliving wasted years was something one should be happy about but I wasn't even happy about that. There's that feeling when you are about to do something that your heart truly desires for. You don't even know if you're happy with what you're doing, or because you're following what your heart says or because you are excited about the outcome. There's just so many feelings. Indescribable.

"Here we are!" Sara called out. I couldn't help but grin widely as I displayed my dentition.

I hopped out of the car and adjusted my white maxi dress. I checked my hijab using the car's window and smiled knowing i was all set.

We both walked into the mall for our appointment. I then decided, since we were about twenty minutes early, we'd check out Zara for any new products.

We checked out, reviewed and whatnot on different bags and shoes.

"Uh excuse me. I have to take this call," Sara said as she excused herself.

I simply nodded and continued trying on shoes. I finally settled on a black slide and pastel pink side bag. I was done and Sara was still not back so i decided to wait for her on the bench outside.

Let me use the bathroom first. I thought.

As i was walking, I felt my earring dropped. I stopped to pick it up, i was even surprised how it fell off. I continued walking as i fixed it back, not looking at where I was going.

"Ahhh!" I called out. His arm is so hard. I turned to look at who I'd just bumped into and the person did the same.

Ammar!

I made an 'o' with my mouth because I wasn't fully prepared. He kept staring at me as if he'd seen heaven.

I then saw someone's hand waving at my direction from the corner of my eye. It was Sara.

"Go ahead!" Was what i could read from her lips.

Oh so she left me on purpose!

I wanted to be angry but decided against it since i knew i had to meet with him.

"Umm can you come with me?" I asked nervously.

"Huh?"

"Yes. Can you?"

"Sure after you," he gestured with his hand. I walked up to him and he walked slightly behind me. I lead the way to the parking area that was empty. I kept biting my lips amd fiddling with my fingers as i walked. When i reached a fine spot, i turned to his direction.

"Ammar," i said unknowingly.

We kept staring at each other for as long as I can't remember. I couldn't hear anything, only the beats of my heart. Maybe even Ammar could hear it to. I walked two steps towards him making him feel confused. It was even evident on his face, he didn't know what was going on.

I took his right hand into my right hand and covered both with my left hand.

I smiled as I looked back at him.

"I'm sorry I ignored you all these months. I'm sorry I didn't give you a chance to tell me your side of the story. I'm sorry i taunted you, I mistreated you. I'm sorry for hurting your feelings. I'm sorry for not trusting you. I know it's been difficult for me to come to terms with your marriage with Basma but now i feel there's more to otwhich I don't know. But I don't even want to know because now i know, you can never hurt me on purpose, Ammar Abdullah," he kept staring at me without blinking. He was shocked and anyone on his position would be. Suddenly, tears started streaming down his eyes. I took an edge of my veil and wiped them away.

"Sauf! You trust me, you trust me again. You cannot imagine how elated i am at this moment. I waited for you for so long and I finally have you back! Living without you was hell on earth i tell you but thanks to Fahd, I managed."  He started. "I knew you'd always come back to me sooner or later. And it happened, all thanks to the Almighty. You know, Basma charmed and made me fall for her. I conpletely forgot you and our relationship And obeyed her like a puppet but now everything is fine, everything."

"I always knew that whore was no good at all. I want to apologize to you again because i joined forces woth her just to ruin you and your business. I'm sorry. I caused you a lotof trouble, i don't know what came over me but i will have to admit, inwas jealous and i felt betrayed. I got angry and so-"

"Don't say anything. With or without my business, as long as i have you, I can survive."

"I want to say something. One more thing!"

"Say it,"

"I..."

"Go ahead"

"I..."

"I'm listening Sauf,"

"I'm scared,"

"That's what you wanted to say? Scared of what?"

"Losing you,"

"Why?"

"Because I love you. I love you Ammar. I don't want to lose -"

Before i could even finish my sentence, i was pulled into a bone crushing hug.

"I love you too," he whispered. I felt safe in his arms and protected too. I didn't want to ever leave these warm arms, they were everything to me, everything!

He let go of me and cupped my face woth his hands as he kissed my forehead.

"Let's start afresh. Like before," He said, smiling widely.

"Not like before, better than before,"

Oh my wordddddddd!!!!! Finally they're back together! Uhhh that was one longgggg journey hey!

Well without further ado, i want to thank everyone that's read this book so far, i really love you and I appreciate everything.

Love, Asmaa❤️❤️