Chapter 26

Third Person's POV.

Ammar was walking down the alley to his house, he decided he'd walk most of the time since his house wasn't far from his new job. On his way, he came across a dairy shop where he strolled in to buy some milk and chocolates.

"Oh Salaam man!" Fahd's voice made him turn.

"Salaam Fahd, what are you doing here?"

"My sister asked for some chocolate chips, she's baking a cake."

"Oh you have a sister?"

"Yes, Iman. You interested eh?" He dabbed his arm on Ammar's  shoulder.

His thoughts suddenly diverted to Sauf's. He then remembered what had happened in her office.

"Urh...I got to get some few things and leave," He stuttered.

"Wanna talk about it?" Fahd asked noticing my unease.

Ammar shrugged. They both bought what they had to and made their way to Ammar's place.

"It all started when she almost hit my car on the road one day..." He went on and on with his story and how Rayyan came into their lives and poisoned Ammar's mum to the extent of separating them. Basma's part, and the girl people thought he was going to get married to after Basma again. They didn't know that she was his former colleague and was seeking for help so he was mostly with her and people thought they were getting married.

"...And after meeting her today, as the boss, she says her name is Reem Zain. Fahd, I'm telling you her name is Sauf, Sauf Walid. Wait I'll show you her picture!"

He quickly unlocked his phone and viewed a picture of her and Ismah.

They talked for a while and Fahd gave him advise that he should take everything calmly. Fahd told him not to stress too much and not to pressurise her.

"Thanks man," Ammar pulled him into a hug and pulled back after some seconds.

"It's okay. I must go, Iman must be waiting."

They bade each other and Fahd left. Ammar felt lucky enough to find such a good friend just a few days after he had arrived. Though Fahd also relocated to live with his sister so they're both Freshmen.

After freshening up, Ammar wore a navy blue T-shirt and black sweatpants. He reached for the kitchen and made himself a cup of tea. Suddenly, he received a message from an unknown number. As he clicked on it, he  thought about who it could be.

Be at the office before 9am. Ma'am wants you on time- Lana, Receptionist.

Sure- me.

He kept his phone on the kitchen counter thinking about everything so far. He thought,

Is she Sauf or her doppelganger? But their personalities are completely different. This Reem woman is a no-nonsense and strict lady while Sauf is a loving, kindhearted woman. They have nothing in common.

He suddenly felt a slight pain in his head and he knew it was due to too much thinking. He sipped his tea carefully as he went through his WhatsApp chats.

Before he knew it, he fell into a slumber on his couch.

Ammar's POV.

Stretching and squinting my eyes due to too much sunlight, I yawned and dropped my feet on the floor. I then realized I had fallen asleep on the couch. I hadn't even prayed fajr. I got up quickly and hurried to the bathroom to take a shower and do wudhu.

After praying, I check the clock and it was eight forty am.

"Oh no! I completely thought it was seven forty. Ya Allah! Please don't make me lose this job." I prayed.

I quickly changed into my work clothes in what seemed like one minute. I grabbed a banana from the food basket and headed out. It was already ten minutes past nine and I was informed to be at the office before nine.

________

"Ma'am erh...I umm-" I wanted to explain but I was nervous.

"No! Just come to my office, NOW!" She summoned.

Maybe she wants to fire Me,

I thought.

I adjusted myself and the receptionist showed me my table to work on among the many others. I was surprised to see Fahd sitting next to my desk. I was glad he was with me.
I dropped my bag and rushed to her office.

" *knocks* "

"Come in," she replied without looking up.

I walked slowly to her desk and stood there like a fool. She raised her head and looked at me with an annoyed look. That look, if I'm not mistaken, meant, come late  again, you're fired.

"I'm having a party to host the 5th anniversary of the company. You being under the planning department, will handle everything but the manager will supervise your work. You must be wondering, why am I giving such a huge responsibility on your first day. I normally don't do that but...anyways You may leave,"

"Okay,"

But wait, Why is she doing This? She isn't showing any hints of being Sauf. What if she really isn't Sauf. I better stop imagining she's Sauf. I shouldn't start hallucinating. She must have moved to Oklahoma with her brother.

With that, I went to my manager and asked for all the details of what needed to be done for the party. I went to talk to decorators, caterers and so on.

Fahd was in the finance department, so we sort of worked together since they provided the money to pay for the party expenses. We both had the longest day ever so we decided to treat ourselves. As it is, I was extremely hungry. Excluding the banana I had in the morning, I hadn't had any other thing to eat.

"There's a restaurant  nearby why don't we get some food there?" Fahd suggested.

"Right, man! As it is I can't  prepare anything looking at how tired I am,"

We got to the restaurant, ordered food and sat to eat. The food was tasty and affordable, which I was glad about.

"What's This place even called?" I asked, munching my drumstick.

"Mabel's"

"They have nice food. I come here more often."

We finished our meal, paid the bill and strolled back to our various homes. Fahd's apartment was just three blocks away from mine, easy to access.

Asslamu Alaykum lovelies.
Hope you're enjoying the book.

Why do you think Reem/Sauf gave Ammar such a huge responsibility on his first day? What is she trying to do?

Let me clear a few things up.

Ammar's new boss who is Reem, is actually Sauf, she just changed her name and profile.
But Ammar doesn't know.

Leave your comments below.

I love you all very much and I appreciate your overall support.
Love Asmaa😗❤❤🌹