Seven

"Worth it seeing you."

-

"Is there anything you would have changed about today's experience? Ms. Jennie?" I look at her lips moving as she emphasized my name, literally forgetting what she asked.

I stare at her for a couple of seconds before nodding repeatedly, pretending to understand what she meant.

She looks at me as she clears her throat.

"Then may I know what is it?" I look back at her as I gulped.

I nervously laugh and said, "I-I mean, no...nothing at all,"

"That's a relief, thank you for your honest opinions, Ms. Jennie. Now, will you excuse me, I have more things to do." She nodded and was about to leave when she stops.

She looks back at me while her hand was on the doorknob.

"Not a work-related question but did you purposely ask me to have dinner with you because you happened to know that I worked here?" She asked without breathing. 

I opened my mouth to answer but shut it while slowly shook my head.

"Okay," She opened the door and was ready to leave when I stop her this time.

"Wait!" I shouted and froze to my seat, completely not my intention to shout.

"I thought so," She said and close the door gently while looking at me with her arms crossed.

"What..?" I confusingly asked.

"I'm fully aware that you'll be here but I didn't expect you to deny it." She said while staring at me.

I smile awkwardly at her and asked, "It wouldn't hurt to surprise you, my friend... right?"

"Friend? " She said while hiding a smirk.

"Yeah?" I exclaimed in a question as I tilted my head.

She scoffs and stares at me, making my heart beats abnormally.

"Aren't you too full of yourself?" She asked as she raised her brow and sat directly in front of me.

I look at her in question as I smile awkwardly.

She stares at me and said, "I was just kidding," as she gave me a small smile.

I don't know if she's joking or not because of her black expression but I laugh at her cute smile.

"I was scared! I thought you were being serious" I laugh and wipe a tear because of how hilarious the atmosphere earlier.

I saw her smile calmly but when she noticed me, she immediately looks away.

"Have dinner with me?" I bolted, clearly not thinking straight. She startled me and turn back at me with a surprised expression printed on her face.

"What..?" She laughs and added, "You expect me to stop my work and eat with you?" 

Sometimes her words can make you hesitate to ask any kind of questions.

I chuckle and look at the dish, "I...well it's for you to decide...?"

"It wouldn't hurt to rest for a bit." She said while staring at me. I noticed her tone was a bit hesitant as I give her a genuine smile.

I chuckle and welcome her to sit in front of me. She accepted and smile slightly like before.

We spend the night talking random things and undisturbed by any waitress, it was kind of suspicious but I like how it turns out. I get to know Lisa better than last time at the cafe.

She insists to walk me from the ground floor and wait for Nayan to pick me up. It was embarrassing at first because I can't be myself when I'm too close to her. 

My heart beats even faster when she accidentally brushes her fingers with mine. I abruptly startled her when I shove away my fingers, now I feel like she thinks I'm germaphobic. 

Since then I keep my head low and avoid eye contact because I am too embarrassed.

Luckily for me, Nayan arrived earlier than I thought. I bid goodbye to her with an awkward smile before sliding inside Nayan's car.

I sigh in relief and greeted Nayan.

"How's dinner?" Nayan asked.

I smile and look at her, "It went well, I guess my visit paid off" 

Last time at the cafe, Lisa was very quiet and when we are the only two talking, it feels like I know her already. It's so comfortable to the point that I keep wanting more of her attention.

"Anyway, Jennie, the XX Entertainment emailed me and they would like to work with you," Nayan said while focusing on the road.

"No way? it's rare for them to work with local models" I exclaimed surprised by the sudden news.

"No, it's not about your modeling. They saw your blind audition video 7 years ago! Isn't that amazing?! Jennie! your dreams of becoming a solo artist will come true!" Nayan squealed happily, I, on the other hand, was speechless.

"No way..." I covered my mouth and look at Nayan with wide eyes.

"YES WAY BI-" I interrupted her with a happy scream making her startled. Gladly, we stopped before she got startled.

"Hey! you scared me!" She laughs as she held her chest. I gave her a peace sign and grin at her.

"Anyway, did you reply to them?" I asked calmly.

"Well, I have to wait and surprise you since you already gave up hoping, but hey look, it came true!"

"I'm really grateful for you, Nayan," I exclaimed and hugs her tightly when my phone chimes.

I unlock my phone and check the messages.