Season 2: Chapter Two

"i thank the universe for taking everything it has taken and giving me everything it is giving"

-

I woke up by the sound of my alarm as the string of sunlight hits my face. I yawned and get out of bed as I start fixing my bed.

I start feeling weird today, it's like when I'm new to New York 4 years ago.

I walk to my living room and to my surprise, Val was there making breakfast.

"Good morning Val!" I exclaimed.

"Good morning Liz" He smiled.

"I wasn't informed that your here" I laughed and sat on the stool, watching him cooking some bacon with egg and a toasted bread.

"You're dad texted me yesterday at night that I'll cook you breakfast, and just for today" He said and continue cooking.

He place a plate in front of me with my delicious breakfast. I thanked him and ate my breakfast.

"As always!" I exclaimed.

He chuckles and put the apron on the side hook of the kitchen.

"Oh, you better get ready because your going to meet your dad at his office."

"Oh really?" I shockingly said, washing my hands. I continued, "But I got work at his restaurant though..?"

"He gives you a day off because he wanted to meet you. It's been awhile." He shrugged.

I nod and walk inside my bedroom.

"I'll be waiting here!" He shouts.

I just chuckles and went to get ready.

-

I'm wearing a simple outfit for today since i'm just meeting my dad and

I did a simple make up that I learned 3 years ago, after I was called dead in Seoul.

"Let's go?" I asked.

Val look at me and said, "Ah yeah!"

We laughed and walk together outside my apartment and to the parking lot.

Val and I have been best friends since he always there for me and dad admired him so much for taking care of his little princess. And it's been 4 years since we're close, everyday is a new day when I'm with him. New journey and new memories.

I also joke about how big his ears were, gosh I didn't know if his a real human or an elf disguise as a human.

And somehow, I let all my secrets wonder out when I'm with Val. I told him about my fake death, my best friends, old me and everything about the past. I just want to let all out because I don't want anything but just the new me in me.

I suddenly thought of Jungkook, my old best friend in Seoul. I started feeling sad of the thought that I lied about my death 4 years ago. It's all because of my stupidity.

"Hey are you alright?" He asked, closing the car doors and sat beside me. Before, dad let Val sat on the passenger's seat and just me at the back every time but that won't stop time to make Val sat beside me after I told dad that I needed someone besides me.

"Yeah, just thinking about-"

"Again? My god Liz, That's 4 years ago." He pat my head and smiled.

"Yeah I know, I just felt sad." I said and look outside the window.

He sigh and told Manong Ed to stop by the a coffee shop.

After a while, the car stopped and Val walk out.