Season 2: Chapter Eleven

"News for the undead"

-

We ended up talking inside the cafe and talk about..well, middle school. She got a lot of questions on why my mom suddenly transferred me to another school.

"To be honest, I really don't know either" I said, sipping on my coffee.

"Well Ms. Manoban," She said, leaning on her chair and looked at me. She really is a very independent teacher back then yet I don't know what kind of job she's now working on.

"Ms. Brueschweiler, I changed my name years ago" I corrected her and chuckled. I knew she wouldn't tell everyone.

"Oh," She nodded and circulates the spoon to her drink.

There was a long silence and it was really awkward. I eat my sandwich silently as I felt someone staring at me. I look at my Teacher but she was looking at the window, I tilted my head and look at the direction where Val and that girl is.

Realizing the girl was staring at me since she's facing me, Val is just talking to her and I think she is disturbed by my presence.

That's weird, does she not like me? I gasped when she rolled her eyes to me when she knew I was staring back at her.

Chill girl, I won't steal yo man. I already got mine,

I chuckles and drink my coffee.

my girl.

I look back at my Teacher and she was staring directly outside the billboard outside. I glance at where she was staring and noticed Jennie's appearance with her latest album.

I'm so proud of her..

"Do you still remember Jennie?" She suddenly asked.

I hesitate to answer, I sigh and puts down my cup.

"Yeah," I smiled but it later fades when I remember what I did to her. It was just a mess. I don't have a courage to tell her I love her back then.

"She's doing great" I added, looking away.

"You know back then," She started. Sighing as she puts down her drink. She inhales and look back at me with a sad smile.

"I don't know if I should tell you this but..I used to have a selective amnesia" She was smiling but it was a very sad smile. I was shocked, I can't believe she was suffering with that sickness.

"I'm sorry.." I said.

"It's fine," She said and holds my hand, caressing it. "I really was suffering, I can't focus on my job as a teacher back then, I forgot all of my student's names, My files were lost, everything.. It was so devastating."

"But It was now gone after all the treatment I did until now, gladly I can remember some and sadly some I can't remember-" She gasped, she look back at the billboard as she eyes it. Her eye's were watering.

I tried to firmly holds her hand as I caress it back, She is panicking right now. I don't know what to do.

"Teacher, stay calm.." I softly said.

She look back at me and eyes me.

"She was looking for you.." She said as she stares at me. I didn't understand what's she's saying. I am still processing what she just said.

"What?" I asked confusingly.

"Jennie was looking for you back then in middle school." She have this shocked face, I can tell it was mixed with sadness and excitement. Sadness because maybe she didn't know what to tell Jennie back then when I suddenly disappeared. Excitement because she remember small things.