The talk

DISCLAIMER: I OWN NOTHING
JACE POV
My grandmother comes into my room. "Jace....what did i tell you about-,"
"I know grandma..." I sigh putting my head down as I see the Redhead walk inside her house. "I have to get over her..." she sighs and walks towards me.
"Jace.." She says as she sits down on the chair next to me. "I care about you,and I know it hurts you to see her.....why don't we go to the movies?" My grandma asks.
"I hate the movies you know that.." I murmur.
"Yes, but I want to go see that marvel movie that came out a few months ago, I need to tell my friends how fictional it is, now, let's go....I promise we'll get popcorn and candy....and, if you want, this can go as volunteer work for your college application...." she says the last part with dread. Grandma doesn't like to be reminded that she's a senior.
"Fine," I say. She smiles and grabs her purse. Then we walk out of the house and go to the movies.

CLARY POV
"Amatis! This is Clary, my step daughter," Luke says to a woman behind the counter at the stars movie theater.
"Luke! Hello!" Amatis says as she hugs Luke. "I haven't seen you in ages!" She says.
"Yes well, I've been busy. Jocelyn wants clary to be more active, so I was wondering if you could give her a job here.." Luke says.
"Of course! The garroways hace had this company since forever! My daughter Cleophas will inherit the company, but of course you can work here! Someone actually just quit, so we have your uniform, and we can make the name tag in ten minutes" Amatis gives me a uniform that looks like Hannah Bakers uniform from 13 reasons why.

Great! This job just got even more depressing

Great! This job just got even more depressing. I go to the bathroom and put it on. Amatis quickly showed me how things worked. Then she and Luke left. I sigh as I shovel Popcorn into a bag. I turn back to the counter and give the lady her popcorn. "Your total is $10.58" I say.
"You should be ashamed of yourself! This..is a robbery!" The woman says as she gives me the money. I sigh and put it in the cash register. I then look up and see Magnus and Alec coming out of a theater that was showing Love,Simon. I grin as I see Magnus holding Alec's arm as they were making goo goo eyes at each other. I didn't know they were dating. I wave at them and Alec stops dead in his tracks freezing up. Magnus looked down sadly.
"Hey guys! I didn't know you were dating," I say as they walk over to us.
"We're not dating," Alec says.
"Alec....we know you're gay...you've been gay since eighth grade, everyone knows if that's what you're worried about, and we also knew you two liked each other.." I say.
"Really?" Alec asks. I nod. Alec nods back murmuring
"Good," as he walks away with Magnus. I look at the doors as I see them leave, then I see Jace and his grandmother walk into the movies. I wanted to duck under the counter and hope they don't see me. But I was frozen. I couldn't move.