9

"yuta! you hit me with your guitar again!" saori complains for the ntn time that morning.

it normally takes her and yuta a ten-minute walk to school, but that's not today's case. or the previous weeks.

yuta has been bringing his instrument back and forth, from school to his him to prepare for his band's upcoming performance.

today's the last day before the music festival starts and saori is relieved yuta doesn't has to bring his guitar later. it's too heavy for her lanky cousin, she's afraid his twig arms are gonna snap.

also, he makes her carry his gym bag for soccer club. it, too, is heavy as fuck. and her arms were thinner than yuta's.

"stop being so noisy in the morning." doyoung arrives at their usual meeting spot, the intersection by the crossing.

he wordlessly hands saori the book he was carrying and takes the gym bag from her hold.

"thanks, dons~" saori loops her arm around doyoung's free one.

"are you carrying rocks in here?" doyoung whines to his best friend buy nevertheless, looks like he's carrying a bag of feathers.

"no, it's just the tools i'll use to torture you," yuta retorts, already fed up with the complaints around him.

the trio arrive at the front gate where two student council volunteers were checking the student's attire as they enter the campus.

"this is a pretty late hour for you to come to school, kim," sooyoung, the secretary, notes as she sees their all-star perfect student.

"relax, i already told the president i won't come in this morning." dongyoung doesn't spare her a glance, walking past her.

saori then realize johnny was the other volunteer checking the attire. she separates with dongyoung to approach him.

"hi!" she squeaks out giddily. despite the cold morning air, she feels her cheeks warm.

"oh, hi." johnny greets her shyly. "good morning."

"you too." saori rocks on her heels as she bites her lip to stop herself from smiling too much. "so are you--"

"do you like--"

the two of them overlap each other before laughing. "you go first--" they say simultaneously, and saori lets out a giggle.

johnny's cheeks look apple red. saori didn't know if it was because of the cold weather or...

"so what were you trying to say?" johnny is the first to talk this time.

saori forgets what it was, and instead of answering, just stared blankly at johnny's ridiculously handsome face. "i... forgot," she admits lamely.

johnny cocks an eyebrow. "you forgot?"

"hey, it's not my fault." that you're so distressingly handsome. saori pouts.

"are you blaming me?" 

"kinda."

"hey." johnny chuckles; so smitten, he has to lower his head to hide his blush. 

the bystanders, yuta, doyoung and sooyoung, all roll their eyes at how obvious he is. "can you guys stop flirting? johnny we have a lot to do. i'm sure your girlfriend can wait." the red haired girl gives her councilmate a stern look.

"we're not--i'm not--" saori tries to deny the misunderstanding but sooyoung doesn't really care.

"c'mon johnny. and heads up shrimp, your boy will be busy all day with preparations so you'll barely see him today," sooyoung warns. "and you, kim. hurry up. president's been waiting for you all morning."