22

- few months ago -

"hey."

johnny shuts his locker a bit stronger than usual when he hears that familiar sultry voice.

"hey, seohee." he puts all effort into not rolling his eyes at her. "how's our favorite drama queen?"

"eh, you know same as always." jung seohee flicks her hair behind her shoulder. "pressured under the spotlight where all eyes are on me."

johnny was not exaggerating when he called her a drama queen. she literally is the theater club's main lead and their current president.

"sweet." johnny forces a smile. "so, what do you want?"

"nothing." seohee raises her shoulders sweetly. "just want to have a conversation with you."

this was barely a conversation, johnny wants to say. "right, um. i have to go to my friends now. so." he bobs his head to the opposite direction.

"oh, okay. i'll catch up with you later at lunch?"

johnny cringes. anything but that.

"i'm having lunch with my friends," he tells her.

seohee was such a good actress she can act as if johnny wanted to have lunch with her. "great! i wanted to catch up with ten and jaehyun anyway so." she winks at him. "see you, babe."

"yeah. bye." johnny snarls as soon as seohee was a few feet away. he really should learn how to say no.

if their school had a lee taeyong as the most popular boy in school, then they also have jung seohee, the most popular girl to pair him up with.

it was no-brainer that the two would eventually date, taking up the entire school's attention as the hottest couple in campus.

everyone admired seeing them together, claiming they were 'couple' goals and such.

but johnny begs to differ.

seeing as how taeyong was head-over-heels with his new girlfriend, johnny would've supported him entirely. if only his girlfriend didn't spend time flirting with him the entire time and behind his best friend's back.

he couldn't hide his frustrations in pe class, and poured it out all into his serves. even jackson, his most laid-back classmate, called him out on it.

"hey suh," jackson speaks as johnny passes him the ball. "i can see steam coming out of your ears."

johnny, being a known nice guy that he is, just smiles painfully and continue with their exercises.

"what's up? you alright?" jackson prods.

"yeah, m'fine." johnny grumbles.

"you sure? the glare you're giving off rivals with nakamoto right now. you know how scary that guy is."

johnny scoffs. he didn't expect to be compared to nakamoto yuta of all people. that guy's a walking ronin or whatever. he wouldn't even question it if he finds out the guy owned a sword.

"yo, wang. if i hear you talking shit about my cousin again, i'll smack you, alright?" a girl's voice threatens, interrupting the two's conversation.

johnny turns to see a brunette girl approaching jackson with a glare. he squints his eyes and racks his brain, forgetting the name of his classsmate. jackson was pretty far away from him since they were playing catch with the volleyball.