13

johnny insisted he walks saori home but the latter persists that she wants to be alone right now. it makes her think better and prepare herself what to say when she meets yuta back home. johnny's eyes soften in understanding as he gives her one last hug for encouragement. saori happily accepts it and reminds johnny to walk home safe.

saori realizes it was actually pretty late so she wasn't surprised that some of the house's lights were turned off when she got there.

she was lucky enough that the nakamotos didn't lock her out of their home. she sneaks in the back door and tiptoes her way upstairs.

just as about to open her door, the door right next to it swings open as yuta greets her.

"where were you?" he questions.

saori cusses to herself and hesitantly meets yuta's gaze. "i was out," she answers briefly.

"were you with johnny?"

"yeah." 

"cool."

saori hates the atmosphere. normally, she'd rat yuta's ear off about the day. she'd be gushing over johnny by now if it wasn't for their fight earlier.

if there's anything saori hates the most, it's not being able to act normal around yuta. telling johnny about her move here in korea reminded her of the first time she and yuta became strained because of the distance. she remembered hating the first week she stayed here. she had no friends. she didn't know hangul. and she didn't know how to talk to yuta.

eventually, she and yuta became close again and everything became better for her. she didn't want to lose that again.

"i'm sorry about what i said." saori surprises yuta by apologizing. "you're right. it wasn't all momo's fault that we drifted apart. i was to blame, too.

"i'm sorry, yuta. i don't want to fight with you." she says, her voice quivering.

"saori..." yuta engulfs her into a bear hug, patting her head. "i'm sorry, too. i shouldn't have blamed you. i know you were hurt, i'm sorry."

saori hugs him back for a while before pulling away. yuta ruffles her hair fondly. "we good here?" he offers a fist bump.

saori beams and accepts it. "yeah, we're good." she chuckles.

"alright, get some rest. i'm gonna have to interrogate you about suh tomorrow so rest up."

yuta goes back in his room and so did saori. damn, she forgot how overprotective his cousin can be. also, dongs. which reminds her, she has to apologize to him as well.

--

"oh thank god you two made up." doyoung heaves out a sigh of relief when he sees the nakamotos waiting for him at their usual corner.

yuta only chuckles while saori apologizes for her behavior yesterday. "i wanted to say sorry to you too, dongs."

doyoung brushes it off. "don't worry about it. i'm just glad you two made up. otherwise i would've eaten lunch with taeyong and his friends. dude's been asking me if he wants me to join them..." he mentions.

"why don't you?" saori wonders as the three started walking to school.

"because i don't want to? i want to eat with you guys?" the nakamotos were surprised at the honesty of kim dongyoung. did he actually openly admit he loves spending time with them? isn't he supposed to be a tsundere?

"aww, that's so sweet, dons~" saori coos, cuddling on his arm, pressing her cheek on her shoulder.

doyoung makes a sound of disgust, trying to push her away.