20

johnny stands in front of the nakamoto household nervously. he can feel his palms sweat just as he rang the doorbell.

a middle-aged woman opens the door, giving him a bright smile. johnny thinks so this is how yuta looks like when he's not out murdering people.

"hi, you must be johnny." the woman offers a handshake.

"h-hi. hello. yes, i'm—my name is—i'm johnny." he shakes her hand. "nice—nice to meet you, ma'am."

"oh please, izumi is fine! come in." mrs. nakamoto makes way for him to come in.

johnny bows in greeting before coming in. he was led into the dining room where he sees yuta and his father, sitting at the dining table.

"have a seat, dear. i'll go call saori for you." mrs. nakamoto urges her to join the two men at the table.

johnny wishes she didn't because now he's dealing with two nakamoto glares. he clears his throat and attempts to make conversation.

"um, it's nice to meet you, i'm johnny suh."

"yukiro." yuta's father briefly bobs his head towards johnny.

"it's nice to meet you, sir." johnny bows his head. he nods over to yuta. "hey, yuta."

yuta does the same gesture his father did. "you too, suh."

"saori will be down in a second." thank god for mrs. nakamoto coming back. if anyone was to prevent the murder of johnny suh, it's her. "johnny dear, would you like some tea?"

"oh, that's nice of you, m-ma'am but i'm okay." johnny politely declines.

"i told you izumi's fine. there's no need to be nervous."

johnny glances at the two other men eyeing him down and thinks otherwise. it's either mrs. nakamoto is pointedly ignoring the hostile atmosphere her son and husband is giving out, or she's just really oblivious.

"auntie, can i borrow your sandals?"

johnny slightly relaxes when he hears saori's voice coming down the stairs. "auntie—hey." saori enters the room and her eyes instantly land on johnny.

johnny abruptly stands up and greets her. yuta almost wants to puke at the way his face lit up.

"hi. hey. what's up?" johnny babbles. "hi."

"hi." saori never gets tired of seeing a flustered johnny. she follows how his eyes check her up and down and blushes. "um, i was just—i just need some sandals so we can go—auntie?"

"i'll get it." yuta volunteers, passing by saori.

saori purses her lips into a thin line and utters a quiet 'thanks.' johnny notices the awkward exchange and grows worried.

"you okay?" he whispers, his hand instinctively holding onto her elbow as comfort.

"yeah." saori smiles forcibly. "yuta's just a dumbass."

"ehem." mr. nakamoto coughs to remind the two that he's still in the room. saori gives him a look that screams 'not you too.' because yuta's already scared her poor boyfriend shitless. she doesn't need the boss level nakamoto to scare him further.

"i'll be back before curfew, uncle. don't worry." she denotes. "okay?"

mr. nakamoto sighs resignedly. why did his brother have to raise such an independent child?

"i know, saocchi. have fun, okay?" he says endearingly. "have fun as well, johnny."

meanwhile saori's brain just shortcircuited because of the nickname she was called. johnny definitely didn't miss that.