Seven

"I miss Mommy," I mumbled, sitting in the backseat of Mom's car.

"I know, honey. You're gonna see her when you get to school," Mom replied.

"But, I have to hide my feelings towards her or she'll be fired," I sighed.

She sighed. "Lauren, you're gonna be fine. If anything happens; her and I are gonna fight. I know how much you love her,"

"You do?" I asked.

"Yes, I know how much. I know it's illegal for her to be with you but I love seeing you happy with someone; not with something," she replied.

"What do you mean, 'something'?" I questioned.

"What you do in your room with the door locked," she answered. "Well, it's not technically locked. But you get what I'm saying,"

"Eww, Mom. Just take me to school," I replied.

***

"Sorry, I'm late, Momm- I mean; Cam- fuck it, I'm just gonna sit down," I walked to the desk, in front of Camila, and sat down. My leg started trembling as she started teaching and my eyesight got blurry. I got one last look at my beautiful teacher and girlfriend and my head hit the desk. I saw nothing but darkness. 'Shit! I forgot to take my pills. Shit! I'm sorry, Mommy.'

"Baby? Baby, can you hear me? I lov- oh, hello," I heard.

"Why were you calling her baby? Know what I don't really care," someone else said. I felt a hand on my cheek.

"C'mon, Baby. Please wake up. I promise; we can do anything you want," Camila whispered.

I bit my lip. 'Anything?'

"Well, now I know you're awake...let me see your beautiful eyes you have," she cooed. I forced my eyes open and saw the girl I had fallen, deeply, in love with.

"Mommy!" I yelled, throwing my hands around her neck.

"Baby, you're ok. I got you," she replied. Everyone started clapping and she blushed. No one questioned 'Mommy' or anything.

"Did you really mean we can do anything?" I whispered.

"Within reason but yeah," she replied.