Fifteen

School. I never liked it. Teachers were never understanding of my medical condition and always thought I wasn't trying or just faking it. My anxiety set in as soon as I heard my name over the intercom. "Lauren Jauregui, come to the office, please," a million thoughts ran through my mind.

'What if they found out about us? Oh my god. Is Mommy gonna go to jail? Please God, no. I really need her,' I thought. I started hyperventilating.

"Baby, calm down, " Camila grabbed my hand and started rubbing her thumb over my palm. "Do you want me to walk with you?"

I nodded. "P'ease, Mommy," I slipped into my little space out of fear.

"Ok," she whispered. "Everyone,  keep working in pages 135 through 141. I have to step out for a bit," she stood up and grabbed my hand. We walked to the office and saw my mom sitting down in a chair.

"Oh, Camila. I need to talk to you alone for a sec," she said, standing up.

"Did we get caught?" I asked, whispering.

"No. But I need to talk with her before I tell you what's going on," she replied. "Sit in my chair, Babe. Mommy and I will be right back,"

"Otay," I sat in the chair and Camila and her walked away. I pulled out my Sony Ericsson K800i and loaded up MySpace. After they got done talking; they walked back to me.

"Ready to go?" Mom asked.

"Yeah. Mommy's coming too?" I replied.

"Yep. Wanna ride in my car?" Camila asked.

"'Es!" I replied. We walked out of the school and to her car.

"Just follow me, ok?" Mom said.

"Ok," Camila replied, opening the backseat door. I got in and she started buckling me in.

"Mommy?" I asked.

"Yes, Baby?" She replied.

"Where we goin'?" I questioned.

"To the police station," she sighed.

"Are- are we in two'b'e?" I replied.

"No, no. This is regarding your car accident, " she sighed.

"Did they find who did it?" I asked, scared.

"They think so. You'll have to identify who it was," she answered.

"You'll be there with me, right?" I questioned.

"Yes, of course," she buckled me in and closed the door. She walked to the driver's door and opened it. She got in and started the car.

"Mommy, why didn' wou kiss me after wou buck'ed me up?" I asked.

"We're at school. We don't wanna get caught," she replied.

"Oh, otay," I replied. She drove to the police station.