Sixteen

"Cawwy me, Mommy," I said as Camila unbuckled my seatbelt.

"Baby, you gotta be big for Mama and I. This is very important," she replied.

"Otay, but please carry me. I need my mommy even if I'm big," I sighed.

She chuckled. "Ok, Babe,"

"Hmn, I prefer Daddy," I smirked.

"Nah. I like Mami better," she replied.

"Ooo, o-"

"Ok, girls. Stop discussing your kinks and let's get this over with," Mom said. Camila and I blushed and she put her hands under my armpits. She lifted me up and on her hip. I bit my lip and we walked in.

"Hello. Are you Lauren Jauregui and her mothers?" A police officer asked.

"Well..."

"Yes, we are," Mom continued Camila's sentence.

"Great. I need to see if Lauren is ready. So, follow me," the officer replied. He walked down the hall and led us to a bare room. It had only four chairs and a table. Mom and Camila sat in chairs beside each other. Camila put me in her lap and I leaned into her.

"Can I still call you Mommy when I'm big?" I asked, looking up at her.

"Of course, Mami," she pecked my lips.

"Nah. I like baby better," I replied.

She chuckled. "Ok,"

"Y'all are crazy," Mom laughed.

"In love," I giggled.

"True," Camila replied. I leaned more into her and entwined our hands together.

"I love you," I said.

"I love you too," she pecked my lips. The police officer came in, holding a suitcase, and sat down in front of us.

"So," he opened it and took out three pictures. "Tell me what happened here," the pictures were me walking on the crosswalk and a car moving closer to me in every pictures.

"I was walking down the crosswalk..."

I was walking down the crosswalk. The street lights glitched out and turned green. I started running and a car didn't stop. I tried to get out of the way but it smashed into me. I was thrown onto the ground and my head hit the road first. A massive headache started and the car drove away. Everything turned black.

"Did you see his face?" The officer asked.

"Yes. His face haunts my dreams," I replied.

"Ok. Come with me. Only one of you can come with," he replied.

"Mommy. I want Mommy," I said.

"Is that ok with you, Clara?" Camila asked.

"Yes, of course," Mom replied. Camila stood up and followed the officer to a room with an one way mirror. He turned on the light for the room behind the mirror and five men were standing with a paper with a number. I locked eyes with number three and started shaking.

"Number three. It's him," I said. "Mommy, I wann' go home. Can I go home?" Camila looked at the officer and he nodded.

"Of course," she walked out and to Mom. "She wants to go home,"

"Ok, which one?" Mom asked.

"Mommy's!" I replied.