Twenty

They found out. I didn't know how but they did. Who were they? They were my 'friends' I hang out with at lumch. They kept calling me 'dyke', 'faggot', 'slut', 'big baby', and other shit. I wanted to cry right there but I kept my cool. Ok, that was a lie. "Fuck you!" I yelled. I ran to Camila's CAP classroom. "Mommy?" Tears began to fall.

"I'm sorry. Who are you looking for?" An unfamiliar voice asked. I looked up and it wasn't Camila.

"Oh god. 'M sowwy. Wwong pewson," I wiped my tears.

"It's ok. Who are you looking for?" He asked.

"Miss Cabewo," I replied.

"I think she's in the staff room. Do you want me to come with you?" He answered.

"No...'ll be otay," I replied. I walked to the staff room and cracked the door open. I saw Camila sitting alone, poking her banana salad with a fork. I started opening the door. "Mommy?"

"Baby, c'mere," she sighed.

"Otay, Mommy," I walked to her. She lifted me up in her lap. "T'ey, t'ey found out 'bouw us,"

"I know, Baby. Hence I'm here all fucking alone," she sighed.

"Wou no a'one. Wou haf me," I pecked her lips. "Why did wou cuss? Wou ne'ew cuss; excew in bed,"

"I'm just mad. My last day is Friday and I'll be arrested," she replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's illegal to be with you," she sighed.

"Wha' are wour chawges?" I asked.

"Rape and I can never work with kids again," she replied. This triggered my big space.

"But you didn't rape me! I wanted to have sex with you. We both did," I yelled.

"I know, Baby. You can testify in court, ok?" She asked.

"Otay, Mommy," I sighed. "I was being bullied at lunch. They kept calling me a dyke, slut, and other mean names,"

"I'm sorry, Baby. I wish I could do something but I can't," she sighed.

"Wou cou'd smot'ew me wif kisses," I blushed.

"Why not? I got nothing to lose," she started pecking all over my face.

I giggled. "I wuv wou, Mommy,"

"I love you more. It's about time for your pills; isn't it?" She asked.

"'Es," I pecked her lips. She put me on her hip and I wrapped my arms around her neck. She stood up and walked to the kitchen, bouncing me.

"Yay. I like to bounce," I giggled. She bit her lip.

"Of course you do," she pecked my lips.

"Hey. You're not suppose to have a student in here," someone said.

"Well, with all the rules I've broken; I don't really care," Camila replied, grabbing a glass cup.

"True. Camila, I'm sorry but why did you do it?" The person asked.

"Mind your own damn business, ok?" She snapped.

He sighed. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to piss you off,"

"Sorry, I snapped. I'm...we're just having a bad day," she rubbed my back and I sighed.

"Yeah...I heard. It's going around. People were bullying Lauren about it," he replied. "I don't blame her for yelling at them,"

"Yeah. She came to me after that happened. I'm just scared what will happen after I'm gone," she replied.

"Me too. 'Ll haf no one to wun to w'en t'ey mean," I sighed.

He sighed. "I'm so sorry, Lauren,"

"'M jus' enjoying my 'as' days of hafing Mommy hewe," I replied.