cinco

The morning after Halloween, Tatiana had to think about where she was for a minute before knowing that she wasn't kidnapped and brought to a different country. Beside her, even though she told him to go to the other end of the bed, was a shirtless Oscar laying on his stomach.

Because of the sun being a bitch, she was blinded, therefore, her eyes were barely open when she walked down the hallway to make breakfast.

"Where are your pants?" Walking into the kitchen, the younger Diaz boy groaned and yawned.

"I wear spandex. Now, scrambled?"

× × ×

"Girl, I just told you. Channel your inner hoe when you do this part." Tatiana told the dance team. Because of the football team being 1 winning game away from the playoffs, the dance team had to do something big for halftime. For this, the JV and freshman teams were going to join Varsity and the dance coach was making her stay in the dance for the entire time. It basically meant she wouldn't be able to breathe except for those 10 seconds that the guys did their death drop.

One of the girls on the end groaned and yelled out for Tatiana. "He keeps getting a boner." She whined.

"He's a freshman, of course he did. Aye, get another boner and I'll let her stab your balls." The boy nodded and the senior smiled innocently. "From the top. We need this by the game."

"Tati, that's in 4 days."

"Exactly. Now move your ass and try harder."

By the time lunch came around, the senior already had her carne asada fries on the table and her phone against her ear. "Oscar, I'm not staying over again. I have my own house and a dog."

"Your dog's here. Why don't you just live with me? Living alone in Freeridge ain't safe."

"One, how the hell did you get in my house? Two, if I say I'll think about it, will you leave me alone?"

"It doesn't matter and sure. I'll see you later, mi amor."

× × ×

Tatiana walked up to the Martinez house after dance practice and knocked on the door. Ruby's grandmother had called her over for some unknown reason so she went to see what she wanted.

"Hey, Rubes. Is your abuelita here?"

The freshman shook his head. "Did she send you to babysit me again? I told them I don't need a babysitter."

At his outburst, the senior shrugged get shoulders. "I don't know. She called me during 5th period and said she had to talk to me. Can I use your bathroom? All the ones at school got locked before practice ended and my house is 2 miles away."

When the freshman nodded, she ran pass him, dropped her bags on the floor, and ran to the bathroom. It was a pretty comical thing for the 3 freshman to watch. Did she mention that she saw Jasmine in the hallway?

"No one thought to tell me I looked like this?" She mumbled to herself, looking at her reflection in the mirror while washing her hands. She shook her head, wet her face and dried it before walking out. When out she walked, everyone was on the couch, including her unofficial-yet-official boyfriend. "What happened?"

Everyone turned to her and she swore that she saw Oscar smirking. However, Ruby was the first one to answer. "We're on lockdown. You don't happen to have food do you? Because that's all Jasmine had." She followed the direction Ruby was pointing to see Jamal sitting arm the armrest next to Oscar and eating what looked like an egg sandwich. Sure smelled like it.