*veintiuno

I felt like we needed another flashback 😤

Before Tatiana and Oscar even thought about dating each other, he always stood up for her.

Which is why before Tatiana's father met him, he already knew all about him.  The fights to keep guys off and the kills to punish the guys who went too far.  The first time Oscar fought someone for disrespecting his girl, Tatiana was around him and watched it all happen. 

Tatiana was 12, Oscar was 15, turning 16, and Cesar was only 8.  Looking back at it, dating each other would've looked weird because she was barely hitting puberty, but that's besides the point. 

The two of them were hanging out with the rest of Los Santos in front of Oscar's house.  That day, fortunately, Cesar was at the movies with Ruby, Monse and Jamal; he never saw the fight happen.

People walking by were probably wondering who in their right mind would let a 12 year old girl hang out with a bunch of gang members, but her abuelita trusted them.  The two families were close since Tatiana's uncle was a Santo, and she trusted Oscar.

It was one of the other Santos, at the time he was 18, just two years older than Oscar, but 6 years older than Tatiana.  The whole afternoon, he said nothing, just sat on a bucket and drank his beer.  Tatiana sat on the couch, her legs crossed as she played on someone's phone and Oscar was right beside her, talking to the leader at that time, his uncle.  He was so invested in the conversation that he didn't see the other Santo walking up and sitting on the other side of Tatiana.

Tatiana slowly looked up at the 18 year old who looked down at her with a smirk on his face.  By the way he smelled, Tatiana could tell he was a little bit more than tipsy, so she scooted over to be closer to Oscar; she felt safer with him.

"How old are you?"

Quietly, Tatiana answered him.  "12."

The cholo still had a smirk on his face and one of the Santos he was sitting next to earlier watched him carefully.  He's been with the gang for a few years, whereas this guy was jumped in a few weeks ago and didn't know that Tatiana was off limits.

The cholo hummed and looked her up and down while she squirmed in discomfort.  "Does your mommy know you're here?"  He asked her, making the bold decision to touch her thigh. 

"Don't touch me, puto."  She said, trying to pry his fingers off of her.

"Watch your fucking mouth."  He told her as she leaned back into Oscar, trying to get away from the guy. 

Oscar finally turned around, but he didn't see his hand yet.  "Who the fuck you talking to like that?"  When he felt Tatiana moving around a lot, he looked down and saw her hand clawing at the cholos.

Without even hesitating, Oscar punched the guy and pulled Tatiana away as the cholo on the ground spat out blood.

"The fuck is wrong with you, cabrón?!  She's only twelve!"

All the guys outside stopped what they were doing to look at Oscar who was standing over the new cholo. 

"I just wanted to have some fun."  The guy laughed, then groaned when he got kicked in the stomach and punched repeatedly. 

Everyone just stood around, not even bothering to help for a few minutes.  Once the cholo was unrecognizable, Oscar's uncle stepped in. 

"Alright that's enough, Oscar.  Oscar.  Oscar, basta!"  He shouted, prying him off of the cholo and throwing him down on the couch next to Tatiana.  "You made your point."

Oscar panted with a scowl on his face as his uncle moved the guy away from the sidewalk.  He turned to Tatiana who was just looking around, looking unbothered by what just happened. 

"You okay?"  He whispered over to Tatiana who just nodded her head.  She glanced down at his fists before standing up and dragging him into his own house. 

Like always, she took care of him and healed his wounds.  There were many times after this where Oscar had to kick someone's ass for even looking at Tatiana the wrong way.  He'd do anything for her.

The first time he killed someone over her, he had a reason.  It wasn't his first kill, so he had no problem doing it. 

The night before, he took Tati to get some food.  It was a few years later, so right before they started dating; she was 14 and he had just turned 18.  It was night and he was walking her back to her abuela's house as she drank the rest of his horchata.

They were talking and joking around, but they didn't see the green hoodie behind them. 

"Yo, mami.  Why you still hanging out with these Santos?"  The couple turned around and immediately, Oscar was glaring at the prophet.  "I can show you a good time."

"Get the fuck off my block."  Oscar said simply, his arm in front of Tati to keep her out of harm's way. 

"Nah, you got it all wrong homie."  The prophet said.  "This 'bout to be prophet territory."  While the prophet in front of her pulled a gun out, another snuck up behind her and pulled her away from Oscar and put a gun to her head.  It was surprising that he didn't get whiplash with how fast he turned around.

Tatiana was clueless.  Sure, the Santos taught her self defense, but she's never actually used it.  Was she supposed to hit his balls and hope Oscar grabbed the gun?  Was she supposed to stand there and hope some Santos came by?  She was confused and in shock while Oscar glared at the guy behind her. 

"Yo, what the fuck?  We don't want no problems."

"One of your broke ass Santos shot the homie.  Only makes sense to kill one of 'em."

Tatiana scrunched her face up at their logic and stared at the back of Oscar since that's all she could see.  Subtly, she glanced down at his hands for the secret signal they made up.  There was a few moments of silence until the hand gesture.

In a quick movement, Tatiana's elbow flew back as her other hand sntached the gun out of his hand.  Once she was free her knee met his groin and she twisted his arm behind his back until he started screaming.  As she was doing that, Oscar decked the guy in front of him in the face and after two punches, he was passed out. 

While Oscar held the gun and pulled his phone out, Tati sat on the prophet, her knee digging into his lower back with his own gun pressing into his neck.

"You fucked with the wrong Santo, puto." 

Within minutes, a white van pulled up and out came three other Santos.  Oscar's uncle looked down at Tatiana and started laughing beofre squatting down.  "How the hell are you going to act hard, but get pinned by a girl that's 5'0 and barely weights 100 pounds?  Pendejo de mierda."  He laughed.  "Good job, Tati."

Tatiana smiled and got off the Prophet to let the gang get him and toss him into the van after tying him up.

Tatiana was walked home and once he was far enough, Oscar got picked up in the van and taken to the warehouse.  He had a lot of fun with torturing the two prophets with acid, knives and bullets before putting them out of their misery with a gunshot to their head.

The next morning when Tatiana came over, she sat in her usual, but she had news.  A week ago, she had tried out for the high school dance team and she wanted Oscar to be thw first to know about how she made the team

She never knew about what happened to the two Prophets, but no Prophets ever bothered her again, not even when Oscar got arrested.

We love a man 😤  I just realized that y'all never actually got to see Tati (Ivana Santacruz) dance so bet.

I may or may not have posted a story for Ruby :)