treinta y nueve

Oscar woke up to an empty house and was kinda bummed out, but wouldn't admit it. However, Tatiana's car was still in the driveway, so he didn't know where she went. It was the time of the morning when all the Santos came over and Tatiana wasn't back from whatever she was doing. Without admitting it, Oscar was a little worried.

Then she ran up with Blossom panting beside her. "Who's chasing you?" Sad Eyes asked, trying to peek over and see if anyone was following.

Tatiana turned around to see what he was looking at, then turned back around to unhook the leash from Blossom's harness. "She was hyper this morning so we went on a run. Then she saw a squirrel run up a tree, so we spent like 30 minutes at the park." Blossom was snuggling up against Oscar's leg, and didn't move when Tatiana came over and kissed him. "Buenos días."

Tatiana smiled as she kissed him, then pulled away to just stand by his side. "Dónde está tu camisa?" Oscar looked uo and down Tatiana's body, as he asked her. She was wearing a pink Puma sports bra, black leggings and white Nike Roshes. She really wasn't exposing too much.

"Dentro del cuarto." Tatiana smiled, then webt inside with Blossom behind her.

Oscar turned back around and all the Santos were staring at him. "Qué?"

Inside the house, Blossom sat on the wooden floor, right behind the open that divided the dining room from the living room. She watched Tatiana eat the food Oscar made, waiting for something to drop or be thrown at her. Blossom was tried of her dog food, and favored the chorizo and egg smell over the kibble. Tatiana's back was facing Blossom for the sole reason that if she looked at her, she'd end up giving her food.

"I'm getting more beer." One of the cholos, Pablo, said. He stood up from the crate with a groan, and walked inside Oscar's house. The first thing he saw was Tatiana sliding a small tortilla to Blossom. "What are you doing?"

Tatiana junped and turned back around like she wasn't feeding her pitbull a piece of her burrito. "Nothing."

Pablo walked pass the dining room to get to the kitchen and Tatiana watched him as she ate. "What are you guys doing for Valentine's day?"

Tatiana shrugged and sipped out of the mini carton of orange juice. "Last time we went to Olive Garden, but they thought I was his little sister."

Pablo laughed as he opened his corona, remembering the night Oscar came back with Tatiana and told the story of how the waitress was flirting and told him to meet up with her after dropping off his little sister. "I remember that." Pablo stated. "I'm stealing food."

× × ×

"You ready for the Valentine's dance?" Aiyana asked enthusiastically.

"I'm ready for prom."

Aiyana stared at Tatiana as her big smile went away, then punched said girl in the arm. "That's not what I asked." Aiyana glared. "Anyways, the dance is tomorrow."

"I know. The gym's already set up, they just need to put the food and the DJ set." Tatiana stated.

"All thanks to your class president." Aiyana gloated, fluffing her hair with a smile on her face. "You're welcome. Oh, did any of the colleges get back to you?"

"No, they come out next week." Tatiana stated. "I'm scared."

Aiyana smacked her lips as both girls moved up in the lunch line. "You'll be fine. You have a 4.5 and way too many volunteer hours. You'll get accepted by UCLA and stay close with your boo." Aiyana told her. "Oh, Joe asked me out." She said excitedly, yet quietly.

"Aiyana, you've been dating for over a year."

"I know, but he's always busy so we haven't been out in a while." Aiyana sighed. "Anyways, how's your cholito?" Tatiana didn't answer, but Aiyana started geeking out when she saw the look on her face. "I saw that smirk, you hoe!"

Shit has been breezy, pero not anymore :)