treinta y uno

New Years rolled around later that night, and Tatiana sat on the porch with Oscar as they waited for the countdown in 20 minutes.  A lot of the cholos and cholas were over and just around the porch talking as Tatiana stood with her back against Oscar's chest.

Tatiana tensed up when her stomach started hurting and she abruptly left and ran into the house.  Oscar's smile left and he followed after her without hesitation and found her sitting on the couch with a hand over where she was shot.

"You okay?  Is it time for your medication."  Oscar checked his phone for the time and walked into the kitchen while Blossom put her face on Tatiana's lap and whined, sensing her owner's pain.  Oscar walked back in with her pill bottle and a bottle of water and sat beside her while she looked up at the ceiling.

"How am I supposed to get my life back to normal if I can't even dance without feeling like my insides are turning inside out?"  Tatiana mumbled, looking over when Oscar held the pill over her mouth.

Oscar dropped the pill into her mouth and let her sit up before giving her water.  "This isn't gonna last forever.  You'll be able to go back to normal soon.  I've been shot a lot and I'm fine."  Oscar told her, making sure sge swallowed her pill.  "This isn't end of your life and especially not your dance career."

Oscar pulled her over so she ended up straddling him and rubbed her back in an effort to comfort her.  "Thank you for staying with me." 

Tatiana buried her face into his neck and hugged him.  "I'm not leaving you, ever.  You're stuck with me till we die."

"Good."  Tatiana smiled.  Oscar pinched her thigh and she jumped up, only resulting in her pressing up against him since she tried getting away.  "Te odio a veces."

"Don't lie."  Oscar smirked. The front door swung open, making Tatiana look back to Sad Eyes who was asking for Oscar. Oscar silently groaned, then gently lifted Tatiana so he could stand. "I'll be back."

The cholos left the room, making sure Tatiana was sitting before walking out.  Cesar stood there, begging and when Oscar walked out, he begged for him to let him come back home.  It was the reason Sad Eyes made sure Tatiana was sitting because she has a soft spot for Cesar and would try getting Oscar to let him stay.  Both Sad Eyes and Tatiana knew Oscar wanted Cesar home, because anything was safer than an ex-Santo sleeping on the street, but Cuchillos would kill them both if that was the case. 

Cesar knew Tatiana offered him shelter, but he didn't know her parents and felt like he would invade their privacy.  Cesar watched Oscar walk out and signal for the person beside the speaker to turn the music up, just so Tatiana wouldn't hear anything and come out.

"Oscar, please!"  Cesar begged, staring back at Oscar who lit up a blunt and ignored his pleas.  "I can make it up to you, and I will!  Just let me come home!"  Cesar looked around, the cholas and cholos that he's never seen before just staring at him and shaking their heads.  "Okay.  Okay, fine.  You want me to beg?  I'm begging you, please!"  Cesar cried, silently wishing Tatiana would come out since she was his only hope.  "I'll do anything you want me to, just say the word and I swear to God I will do it."

Oscar burned the end of his blunt out, setting it on the porch wall to come back to later.  Oscar walked down the steps, making Cesar cower and lower his head.  "You need to go."  Oscar demanded, shoving Cesar back amd making him stumble back.  "There's nothing I can do for you."

"But Tatiana can.  And you have the juice to help me."

"She can't help you, you messed up."  Oscar growled, pushing Cesar evem more until he was out in the street.

Cesar stumbled and felt his heart pounding in both fear and sadness that his only family member was getting rid of him.  Tatiana heard the music get even louder and got curious, so she walked to the front door and saw the entire lawn and porch empty when she walked out.  Cesar and Oscar were the middle of the street with all of the Santos behind Oscar. 

Tatiana watched sadly as Oscar and the rest of the Santos ganged up on Cesar.  She knew there wasn't much she could do, but she was sure as hell going to text Cesar the adress to her house and tell him where the key was.  Tatiana stood on the porch as Cesar walked down the street and Oscar turned around, walking back towards the house.  Without saying anything after Oscar saw her, Tatiana walked back inside the house and sat on the couch.

A few seconds later, Oscar slowly walked back inside and sat beside Tatiana.  He leaned forward and put his forearms on his thighs.  "You weren't supposed to see that."

Tatiana glanced at him and nodded.  "I know you actually want him home.  Your gang can't see it, but I can."  Tatiana stated, scooting closer and putting her chin on his shoulder.  "I already texted him addresses of houses he can stay at.  He'll be safe."

Oscar nodded and turned to Tatiana, lifting her so she could sit sideways in his lap.  "You know if they find out, they'll go after him, right?"

"They can try.  He learned from the best."  Tatiana stated, rubbing her hand across his scalp then laughing when she realized he had no hair for her to play with.  "Does your head ever get cold?"

Tatian deadass got a list of people ready to let Cesar sleep over 😩 name a better sister-in-law, I'll wait