ventinueve

"I cheated on your father with a Santo, and not one of the good ones that you probably hang out with. I thought he was cheating on me with someone in his college, and in a moment of weakness, I got drunk at a bar and ran into this guy. He was nice and made me feel something, or at least he made me think that. One night turned into days, then weeks, then-"

Tatiana's face scrunched up and all she could think of is how heart broken Miguel probably was. "Okay, I really don't want to know about you having sex with some Santo that you barely knew and cheating on my dad."

Yesenia squinted her eyes, but shrugged and continued. "It became a whole affair and eventually, he had me over a lot. There were days where he tried to make me try the drugs he was selling, and I obviously gave in. I thought I was in love with him because he gave me attention that your dad wouldn't give me anymore, because of you."

Tatiana's jaw dropped and she looked at Yesenia in disbelief. "You were jealous because he gave me, his daughter, more attention than he gave you? You're fucking pathetic."

Yesenia rolled her eyes, her insensitive side coming through as it did before she disappeared. "What do you expect?" She asked her daughter, who was obviously over her bullshit by now. "Anyways, he had me addicted, your father found out, we broke up and I left you because this Santo said we were moving somewhere to restart our lives. He just left out the part where he was going to make me do things to get my fix."

"All I wanna know is why you kicked dad out of my life and left me with abuela instead of with him? Do you understand the consequences we had to suffer? We don't even know each other because you were too much of a selfish bitch to put me in a good home."

Yesenia sighed and threw her hands up. "I'm trying to apologize, okay? I was young and too stupid to realize how perfect my life was. I had a fiance who loved me and basically kissed the ground I walked on and a daughter who made my life brighter. My jealousy and insecurities ruined my entire life. I missed my mom's death, my first and last child growing up and I chased away the love of my life. So I'm sorry, but no amount of words or actions can make up for or even begin to explain why I did what I did. And I get that." Yesenia cried, plopping down onto the living room couch to calm herself.

Tatiana watched her mother, who was also a complete stranger, breakdown on the couch and wasn't sure what to do. The senior was good at comforting people she knew, but when it comes to people she barely knows ot strangers, she's basically useless. Opting to somewhat help, Tatiana slid over a box of tissues.

"Your apology doesn't fix much." Tatiana stated bluntly. "But I appreciate you telling me."

The room stayed uncomfortably quiet and Tatiana started looking around like she didn't remember every little thing in the house. "I want to try to make things better. I want us to have a bond like we did when you were little. You probably don't remember because you were really young, but you and I used to be inseparable." Yesenia smiled. "I got a job. At the Mexican restaurant and they pay well. I can save money and take you out." Yesenia explained, continuing to smile.

"Fine." Tatiana nodded. Yesenia smiled and unexpectedly hugged her, catching her off guard. Tatiana slowly pat her back and stood there, waiting for her to let go.

"Oh, I have to go. My shift starts in 15 minutes." Yesenia stated pulling away when she saw the time on the watch she had. "Umm... you know where I am if you need me. I don't have a phone yet, but I'll always be there if you need me. I promise this time." Yesenia smiled, nodding her head as she held Tatiana's hand.

Tatiana watched her walk to the door, and ended up stopping her before she could leave. "I can give you a ride. It's not safe to walk alone, especially for a girl."

"I don't think Oscar likes me." Yesenia said quietly.

Tatiana shook her head and went to the kitchen to grab the keys to the black Camaro she bought. "I have my own car. Come on." Yesenia smiled to herself, happy that her daughter grew up the way she did.

Oscar turned when the front door opened and caught Tatiana's wrist when he saw car keys and her wallet in her hand. "Where you going?" He asked quietly, not trying to get the gang in their business. "You haven't driven a car since your leg broke."

"I know, but she has to get to work and it's not safe to walk. You're the one that told me that." Tatiana told him. "I'll be fine. You'll see me in like 10 minutes, I promise." Tatiana bent down and kissed Oscar. "I love you."

"I love you, too. Be careful." Tatiana nodded, going to her car before she made Yesenia late.

When both Oscar and Tatiana realized she'd be basically living at his house, they sent Sad Eyes to get her car since both of them were pretty lazy that day. Ever since then, it's just been siting in the driveway.

Yesenia was quiet throughout the drive, looking at Tatiana drive while she messed with her small purse. "I'm happy you're doing good." Yesenia finally said. "You look happy with him."

Tatiana continued driving and started smiling as she looked at the road. "I am. He's done a lot for me." Yesenia smiled to herself again. She found herself doing that a lot whenever she was around Tatiana.

Yesenia regretted a lot in her life, but Tatiana wasn't one of them. Despite her absence, she really loves Tatiana and even though the damage she caused was beyond repair, Yesenia was going to try and fix everything wrong in her life. Starting with Tatiana.

Sorry it's short 😩 I felt like Tatiana and Yesenia's relationship was complicated and deserved it's own chapter. Dw bc Oscar is comin back in the next chapter.