*veintiséis

September 2004
"Tatiana, lágarte!" 8 year old Oscar yelled.

"But I want to hold your hand." The 4 year old whined. She reached down again, then pouted when it was slapped it away. "Tío, Oscar won't marry me." Tatiana cried. She ran to her uncle and hid in his shoulder when he picked her up and placed her in his lap.

"Because you're ugly." Oscar glared.

Tatiana cried harder and moved her hair over her face. "I'm going to die alone now." Tatiana hiccuped. "I even got him a ring." She said, pulling out a gold wedding band from the pocket of her overalls.

Tatiana's Uncle Ernesto choked and spit out his beer as he looked at the ring. "Hermosa, where did you get this?"

"Abuelito's finger." Tatiana smiled. "Isn't it pretty. But Oscar doesn't love me." Tatiana pouted. She gasped then ran to one of Oscar's uncles who she really loved. "Will you marry me, Hector?"

Oscar shouted from across the lawn and jumped off of the impala to run over. "I was just kidding, I'll marry you."

"Oh, so you see your ring and now you want to marry me?" Tatiana pouted. "I don't even like you anymore because you said I'm ugly."

"It was a joke!"

× × ×

"I never knew Freeridge had neighborhoods like this."

Tatiana nodded and looked up at the gated house her dad lives in. "Makes sense, because why would he live on our block with his BMW."

Oscar broke out of his amusement and followed Tatiana to the front door. "You know how much weed your dad could buy?"

Before Tatiana could answer, the tall front door swung open and Miguel Ramos popped out. "Your house is huge."

"Right? Come in." Miguel helped Tatiana in and her and Oscar stepped into the house with amazed looks on their faces. Tatiana was stuck looking at the chandelier to even notice that Oscar and her father were walking away.

As she caught up with them, she admired everything from the wood floor to how shiny the kitchen counter was

As she caught up with them, she admired everything from the wood floor to how shiny the kitchen counter was. "This looks like something from Brentwood."

Miguel scoffed and opened the fridge. "People in Brentwood are a bunch of stuck up, gringos." He pulled out 2 beers for him and Oscar and gave a water to Tatiana.

"Why can't I have a beer?"

"Because you just got shot. No drinking until your stitches heal." Tatiana pouted and untwisted the cap on her water as she watched her boyfriend and her dad open up their bottle of Corona. "So how was the hospital food?"

Tatiana shrugged while Oscar laughed. "My friends snuck in food for me so I never ate it.  We hid the hospital food in the to-go bags so they could pick up the tray."

Miguel stared at her before nodding. "Oh, I called you here because I wanted to show you stuff." He ran down the hallway and left the two in the kitchen.

While waiting, Tatiana was messing around on Snapchat and putting filters on Oscar. However, she kept his pictures saved in her memories since he would pop off if she posted them. There was one video she posted of herself where she showed off Miguel's house then zoomed in on Oscar's tear drop when the camera went into his direction.

"Look, baby pictures." Miguel commented, taking a seat beside Tatiana and dropping a large book on the counter. "It's not full, for obvious reasons, but it's all of the pictures I took of you until you were two."

Tatiana opened the book up and looked at the first picture; Miguel holding a baby wrapped in a pink blanket in what looked like a hospital room. Oscar looked over her shoulder and smiled when he saw how similar she still looks 18 years later.

Tatiana continued flipping, seeing pictures from her first bath to her being at a water park and running from the big bucket that was dumped on everyone.

"You took a lot of pictures for it only being 2 years." Tatiana stated. She never knew someone cared about her every move so much.

"Yeah, your mom got annoyed with it, but it makes the memories last longer." Miguel smiled, getting taken back when Tatiana hugged him.

"Thank you for finding me."

Miguel looked down at her as he slowly wrapped his arms around her, the feeling being foreign since she wasn't a little girl anymore. "I didn't... your welcome."

I'm about to add some more drama that WILL NOT affect s2 :)  it's what this story deservesAND IVANA IS PREGNANT IM DHSBWJDHDJE