veinticuatro

i lowkey cried and threw myself a party when I saw that.

Upon the ambulance arriving at the emergency, Tatiana was immediately surrounded by doctors and rushed down the hallway. By now, with the amount of people he's seen get shot, Oscar knew she needed surgery and wouldn't be allowed where they were taking her.

Everyone was in the waiting room for hours. There was the Santos, Ruby's family and all of Tatiana's group. Miguel was called and informed about what happened, but he was stuck in LA traffic because of a car crash.

Oscar sat beside Geny who was no longer crying, but still shaking and sniffling. He couldn't imagine what she was feeling. Not only was her son shot, but her niece and the girl she considered her daughter was too, all of them fighting for their life.

"Ramos?" A doctor called out, looking down at his clipboard and looking up to see about 40 people stand up.

Oscar could feel his heart racing as he stood up and waited for information about what was happening.

"I'm so sorry for you loss. Our doctor's did e-"

"Not Tati." The twins cried out, turning to hide in their mother's legs as they started bawling.

"Tati? This isn't Sabrina's family?" The doctor asked, once again looking at his clipboard once everyone shook their heads. "Sorry about that. I hope your 'Tati' comes out okay." He rushed out before walking away to find Sabrina's family.

"What a dumbass." Sad Eyes mumbled as everyone took a seat.

Oscar let out a breath of relief and plopped back into his seat next to Paco as they waited.

They heard a sudden rush of feet and looked at the sliding doors when they heard, "I'm here." Miguel bent over and started panting before taking an empty seat.

"Someone chasing you or something?"

With a shake of his head and a grateful smile to the person who handed him some water, he responded,  "There was a car crash so I got off the freeway and ran here from Brentwood."

"That's like a 20 minute drive."

Miguel just nodded his head and chugged the water before turning to Oscar. "Did they say anything yet?"

"She's still in surgery, I think." Oscar told him. "She'll be fine, Tati's strong." He wasn't sure if he was trying to convince himself or Miguel, but it wasn't working.

"Family of Tatiana Ramos." A new doctor said. It was the same one who helped her with her injuries after Nate, so he knew exactly who was here for her. "Her surgery was successful and thankfully nothing was hit. We had to take her appendix out, so she'll be in pain, but now she's awake. A little loopy, but she's awake. You can all go see her, but I don't think you'll all fit in her room."

Geny, out of happiness, started crying again and turned to her husband to hug him.

Without even waiting for them, Oscar started walking to her room. The Santos were the first to notice his absence and went to go follow him to Tatiana's room. Even Miguel followed.

Oscar opened the door and saw Tatiana on the bed with multiple wires and tubes attached to her. He heard her giggling and looked at the TV where Scooby-Doo was playing.

"Tati?"

With a smile still on her face, she turned to the walk in area. "Papi!"

Oscar smiled, walked over to her bed and right into her open arms. Tatiana smiled as she felt Oscar kiss her cheek and turned his head so he could do it again, but with her lips.

"How do you feel?"

"Well, since the doctors drugged me, I feel good. Ask me again when it wears off." She said before carefully moving herself so Oscar could slide into the bed beside her. "Are they going to feed me hospital food?"

"Maybe, but Aiyana purposely brought a big purse so she could sneak you some food." Oscar explained while simultaneously gathering her hair up and putting it in a ponytail. "Your dad's here."

Tatiana shot her head over to him, almost giving herself whiplash. Almost like it was planned, the hospital door opened and in walked the Santos with Miguel right behind them. It was weird sight to see because they created a path for him like he was the queen of England or something.

One by one, the people Tatiana was closest to from the waiting room came in. "Why are you all sweaty?" Tatiana asked Miguel who just walked foward and hugged her. "Eww." She mumbled, but hugged her dad just as tight as he was hugging her. "Estoy bien. I'm still alive."

"I know, I was just worried." He spoke softly and kissed her forehead.

She squeezed Oscar's hand and softly smiled at her dad who took a step back, but stayed close to her bed. "How's Ruby?"

At her question, everyone stayed quiet and Tatiana started to get worried. "No sabemos, you're the first to get out of surgery and wake up." Geny told her. "But they'll be okay."

Tatiana stared at Geny before opening her arms for her to walk into. She knew Geny was freaking out about her son, but she was trying so hard to not show it. Miguel moved out of her way and let the older woman hug his daughter who was also worried about Ruby.

There was so much blood, no one really knew what to expect.

"We'll leave you guys alone." Geny said as she pulled away and wiped under her eyes.

"We will?" Miguel asked, looking at the two in bed then back to everyone else. Geny sent him a look and he sighed before walking out.

Everyone left, Miguel being last, and closed the door behind them, leaving only Oscar and Tatiana in the room.

"You shouldn't have done that, mamas."

"But I did." She smiled. Despite the pain and fear, she would take as many shots as possible if it meant Oscar would be safe. It wasn't planned, she would prefer not being in the hospital, but she wasn't regretting anything. "I love you, I wasn't just going to let you get shot right in front of me. Besides, it's not the first time."

"The bullet wasn't meant for you. I could've taken it, it's happened muchas veces entonces it doesn't affect me as much anymore."

Tatiana furrowed her eyebrows and said, "I don't think that's normal." Oscar simply shrugged and let her lean her head on his chest. "I know you're going to get revenge, but can you at least wait until I'm healed before you do that?" She asked tiredly, the drugs finally starting to kick in.

"Cualquier cosa por ti. Get some rest."

Season 2 needs to come a lil quicker 😩😩