cincuenta y siete

Tatiana sat on the edge of the bathtub, and watched Oscar brush his teeth and gargle mouthwash for the third time. When he finished that, he started rubbing a bar of soap on his lips and scrubbing them with a washcloth. "You're gonna make yourself bleed."

"I'm trying to clean my mouth."

"But you're using all of our toothpaste." Oscar ignored her and started scrubbing his mouth again, alternating between the soap and the washcloth.

Cesar walked pass the bathroom, and he stopped to stare at Oscar before shaking his head and continuing to his bedroom.  "Awkward."  Ray mumbled, also appearing in the doorway.

For a second, Oscar paused, then he went back to scrubbing his mouth.  Tatiana, noticing that she wasn't going to be able to take her shower any time soon, stood up from the bathtub.  "I'm getting a Twinkie."  Tatiana squeezed her way pass Ray, leaving him with Oscar to see if they would finally talk.

"Can I help you?"

"You're gonna start bleeding if you keep scrubbing it like that."  Ray told him, watching Oscar basically scrub the skin off his lips.  "I think you got rid of all of her... traces."

Oscar scrunched his face in disgust and started scrubbing more, ignoring the fact that Ray was right because he's stubborn.  So Ray walked away and went back to the couch that he's basically taken over.  Tatiana peeked over, and by the fact that the two weren't alone that long, she knew that they didn't talk anything out. 

"He still being stubborn?"

Ray nodded his head and sat down on his temporary bed. "Yeah, but I get it. I was gone for over a decade and left him with a baby. Even before that, I was always with the Santos." Ray shrugged with a regretful look on his face. "You take care of him though, so thank you."

"He did the same for me when my mom disappeared. I'm just returning the favor."

× × ×

There were only a few days left of Spring Break, and everyone was wishing it would last longer.  At this point, the only thing Tatiana was looking forward to was prom and graduation, but Cesar just didn't want to start going back to class.

The Santos were over a lot less now that the Prophets were gone, but today was one of the days that they did decide to come over and hangout on the lawn. Oscar was sitting on a crate next to the couch and Tatiana was on the porch playing Uno with one of the baby Santos. Right now, the winner would be getting a bag of Hot Cheetos.

"Go fish."

"Bitch, this is Uno." Tatiana shook her head at the Santo and put down a draw 4 card. "Red."

"How come you got all the good cards? You cheating?"

Tatiana shook her head, lowkey offended by the accusation. "No, I just play better than you." She retorted, smiling when the Santo sighed and grabbed 4 more cards from the stack on the side.

The Santos were all just spread out across the lawn and hanging out, and Oscar felt at peace and happy that his friends were around.  That disappeared when he saw a black car slow down as it got closer to his house, and the flashes of purple.

"Drive-by!" 

The Santos were always prepared for this type of thing, so they kind of knew what to hide behind to not get shot.  Tatiana on the other hand doesn't usually deal with this type of stuff, so Oscar sprinted up the steps and grabbed her before pulling her down behind the wall and covering her head. 

The windows got shot and the glass shattered, so instinctively Tatiana tried to cover herself from getting cut, but Oscar was basically doing that for her.  On the lawn, the Santos were shooting back at 19th Street whenever they could, and successfully messed up their car and someone in the back seat.  When it became too much for 19th Street, they sped off and stopped shooting.  At the silence, Oscar slowly looked up and then over to the baby Santo that was playing Uno with Tati, who now was peeking out with a gun in his hands. "Hijos de puta!"

Before standing up to look around, Oscar looked down at Tatiana who still had her head tucked. "You good?" Tatiana picked her head up, looked down at her body, and the nodded with a smile.  Oscar looked around, and surprisingly they didn't really injure anyone.  Except for Enrique, because he decided to not hide and just tart shooting, but they only hit his shoulder.  "You're bleeding all over my concrete, fool."

"Oh, my fault.  Let me just close my skin up like a Marvel superhero."

Tatiana popped up from her hiding place with Oscar and looked at Enrique who just kept poking his bullet wound.  "Do I have to take the bullet out again?"  Tatiana sighed, staring right at Enrique who is usually the one that gets hurt.

"Hey, at least it's only one this time."

In case you haven't realized, ima just use the Santos characters from Tattoo Artist (i added them to the cast list)🙈 but Tati's faceclaim dropped another song and bro...
Tati and Oscar on their honeymoon:

110 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️‼️