cuarenta y cuatro

Tatiana pulled up into the driveway and waved to Aiyana as she drove away once she reached the front door.  Tatiana had calmed down during the drive, so when she unlocked the front door, she was a lot more stable.  Behind the door was Oscar sitting on the couch. 

The first thing Oscar saw, after her legs, were the tear streaks going down her face.  He didn't even ask anything, he just reached under the coffee table and pulled out a gun.  "I'll be back."

"No, siéntate."  Oscar opened his mouth to protest while pointing to the door, then sighed and sat down while Tatiana fell down beside him.  "They played the song, from Olivia's quince."

"Oh."  Oscar mumbled.  "So, shoot the DJ?"

"No!"  Tatiana sighed and pulled Oscar down to the couch and just laid her head on his shoulder.  "I just want to be normal again."

Oscar looked down to his lap when he felt her hand intertwining with his own.  The size difference between their hands was crazy to him.  Like when he went to prison, he grew in height and muscle, meanwhile she's been the same since she was 15.

"You are normal.  I mean, you're a little weird, but you're still normal than most people here."  Tatiana lifted her head up and looked at Oscar with her eyebrows furrowed in a state of confusion.  "Did that not help?"  Tatiana shook her head, so Oscar stopped talking. 

After a few minutes of just staring at the TV, he spoke again.  "I made food, if that makes you happier."  Instead of waiting for her reply, which he already knew the answer to, he stood up to go make her a plate.

Tatiana sat up while Oscar was gone and loudly said, "Food doesn't fix every- nevermind." Her posture straightened and she greedily grabbed the plate of food Oscar made her. "As I was saying, what are we doing for Valentines Day?"

× × ×

One of the reasons Tatiana loved the cholos coming over is because they talk shit about every single person in the neighborhood, so she got all the chisme. She got chisme from her friends at school, her mom talking about people in the diner and nothing from her dad since everything was "confidential".

"I don't know why you're talking, your girl left you for your dad yesterday."

Tatiana covered her mouth as her jaw fell, and Oscar busted out laughing under her.  Everyone started going crazy and the cholo glared.  "We don't talk about that!"

"So is she making you a father or a brother?"  Tatiana couldn't hold it, so she busted out laughing, but then she fell off of Oscar's lap. 

While everyone was laughing, the Santo stood up and hopped on his bike before speeding down the street angrily.  "He's not even watching where he's going, he's gonna run into that trash c- see."

Tatiana continued to laugh, then stood up.  "I'm gonna get water."

Oscar grabbed Tatiana's arm as she was walking by and asked, "Aye, can you get ice?" Without saying anything, Tatiana stared at Oscar who kept holding her hand. "Please?"

Tatiana hummed and pulled her hand away to pat his cheek. "Supongo que sí."

5 minutes later, Tatiana came out with a bag of ice from the freezer and a bowl of ice cream. She forgot about getting water when she saw the tub sitting behind the ice, now she's outside.  She stood by the front door and stared at Brandi, the new chola, who was standing right in front of Oscar and basically cornering him.

Rather than announcing herself, Tatiana squished through and took a seat on Oscar's lap

Rather than announcing herself, Tatiana squished through and took a seat on Oscar's lap.  "I don't know how long it's been in the freezer, but I took the rest of the ice cream."

"Um, we were talking."  Brandi said, looking down at Tatiana who stared right back up at her.

"And now you're done.  I'm sure it wasn't that important." Tatiana smiled.

Brandi looked to Oscar who said nothing as he took the spoon from Tatiana's bowl of ice cream. "I'll see you later, Spooky." Brandi sighed.

Oscar continued eating the ice cream as Tatiana waved to Brandi with a bright smile. "I don't like her."

"How do you think I feel?  That's why I gave her more drops."

"Good boy."

"Do I look like a dog to you?"

I feel like my utuerus got ran over🥴🤧