cuarenta y tres

Tatiana looked at herself in the full body mirror, and then she saw Oscar tilt over and look at her through the mirror. "Do you have to wear that?"

Tatiana looked at Oscar through the mirror, then back to the outfit she was wearing. "I think it's cute."

"Can you wear pants?"

Tatiana clasped the dainty Santos cross around her neck and turned around so she could face Oscar. "It's a high school dance with the majority being freshmen and sophomores. No one is trying anything."

Oscar squinted and his eyes followed Tatiana as she put on a few rings, one of them being from Oscar himself. She then went around the room looking for her heels. "Do you have to go? If you stay, we can watch movies."

"Student council has to go. Plus it's my last year." Tatiana said from under the bed. Her head popped up from the ground and she looked at Oscar with her shoes in her hand. "Did you put my shoes under here?"

Oscar stayed quiet, staring at her while she moved to sit on the edge of the bed. "Are you going to be long?"

Tatiana flipped her hair over her shoulder and turned around to Oscar. Tatiana leaned back and tilted her head a certain way to kiss his cheek. "I'll be back before eleven."

× × ×

For a simple school dance, the students had somehow turned the gym into an underage club. Ever since the DJ had hooked up his speakers, Tatiana's ears have been ringing while she danced around with Aiyana and their friends.

From afar, Tatiana had spotted Cesar and his friends and danced her way over to the group. "Cesar, what the hell is that jacket?" She yelled over the music.

"See, I would insult you, but you're famous and your boyfriend scares me!" Jamal yelled. The group continued dancing, until the football coach yelled out for Jamal. "I'm on a break, Ronald!"

"There are no breaks when there are teenage boys trying to stick it in." He exclaimed, waving his finger around to the sea of kids that were grinding on each other, acting like they didn't just come from middle school.

Jamal ended up walking off, looking for the coach's phone as he was ordered. When he left, the coach looked at Cesar and laughed. "I'm happy to know someone won't be sticking it in tonight. Not with that jacket."

As the coach walked away, Cesar started taking off his jacket while Tatiana laughed at him. "I'm going to go help Aiyana."

"Bye Tati!" The group waved her off, and Tatiana went out of the gym to help Aiyana with putting out more snacks.

"Where have you been? I wanted to take pictures in the photobooth."

"We can take pictures when the competition starts because everyone will be inside the gym!"

Aiyana flinched and looked at Tatiana like she was insane. "Why are you yelling?"

"The DJ started playing the music while I was standing by the speaker so I think he did something to my eardrum!"

As they were setting up the food and drinks, the party inside had stopped to find the person who had stole the coach's phone.

"Every time we come in this photobooth, we look like a lesbian couple."

"That's because of you." Tatiana stated. To further prove her point, she pointed to the picture of her smiling while Aiyana was "licking" her neck.

"Hey, but we look good." Aiyana pointed out with a smile. Before they walked inside, she kissed Tatiana's cheek and put the pictures of them into her bra. "Come on, I wanna see Jasmine and Ruby's dance."

The pair had squeezed their way through and got to the front with Monse and Cesar. The first thing they saw were some guys on their knees pounding their fists onto the floor.

When they finished, they walked off and the next pair was introduced. "Give it up for the Great Jasby."

Look at That Butt by Dillion Francis blasted through the speakers and everyone cheered as Jasmine and Ruby busted out their choreography.

Even after they had already done their ending pose, everyone was still cheering. No one could really hear what they were saying because of how loud the music was, but they looked pretty happy.

"And we have a winner! Congratulations to The Great Jasby! You guys won a $50 giftcard to... Chilli's!"

Tatiana and Aiyana watched the group of friends crowd together and celebrate, but Tatiana froze when Changes started blasting through the gym. The smile on Aiyana's face had suddenly disappeared and with the help of Sergio from the dance team, they brought Tatiana out of the school.

Tatiana could see Aiyana's mouth moving, but she was in and out of reality. One second she saw Aiyana tapping her face to pull her back into reality and the next, she saw Latrelle with his gun pointed right at her.

"Do I call Oscar?" Sergio asked frantically, watching as Tatiana was silently sobbing but staring off into space like she was on some type of hallucinogen.

Aiyana shook her head, never looking away from Tatiana. "Not yet." She told him. "Tati, hey, look at me." Aiyana grabbed ahold of Tatiana's face and gently shook her. "Go get her some water."

All of Aiyana's words were going in one ear and out of the other, and it all sounded like an echo to her. Tatiana could barely hear Aiyana, let alone comprehend what she was saying.

Somehow, Aiyana and Sergio had gotten Tatiana to sit on the steps, so Sergio had draped his jacket over her and both he and Aiyana were hugging her. "You're safe, Tati. He's not coming back." Aiyana said quietly, holding Tatiana to her chest while Ruby and his friends all came out and did the same thing.

"You have a boyfriend and he's taking care of it."

Aiyana looked down at Tatiana and ran her hand down her back, forcing herself to not cry with her.

"I want to go home. I want Oscar."

this is like the 3rd update in 2 days?? Im debating on if I wanna start the drama soon or after Valentine's Day 🥴