dieciseis

Later that same day, while Cesar sat in his room and his friends ran all over town, Tatiana and Oscar sat in the living room, the Santos just outside the door. Though the two were watching a movie, Tatiana had a question burning to be asked.

"Are you really going to have Cesar kill Latrelle?" Tatiana asked and moved her head away from his shoulder to look up at him. However, he was already looking at her, his attention never really being on the movie.

The look on his face was a mix between surprise and anger. "I told him not to say anything." He growled, starting to stand up to have a little talk with his brother before Tatiana stopped him.

"No, he didn't mean to. He thought I knew about it and wanted some advice about it." She explained, practically pleading for him to not go after his brother. "Why didn't you tell me?"

The cholo sighed and fell back next to her on the couch. "Because you would've talked me out of it and made me feel bad."

"Oscar, he's 15. He wasn't around the gangs 24/7 like you were. He's not ready to be in the gang, let alone kill someone."

Tatiana watched as he silently thought, but he knew she was right. He was just too far into the plan that it was too late for him to undo it.

Cesar was already out of the house watching Latrelle with another Santo, waiting for the right time to kill him. So while he sat in a car with dark clothes and a gun, waiting for Latrelle to be alone, Tatiana and Oscar sat at home avoiding the subject.

The two laid in complete and utter silence, staring at the ceiling or, in Oscar's case, at Tatiana who was mindlessly laying her head on his chest.

The two were a little confused about their relationship, especially Tatiana. They went from dating a few years ago, to Oscar not wanting a relationship to today. To everyone, they were dating, but between the two, they were friends... with small benefits.

× × ×

Tatiana, after many hours of mindlessly staring at the ceiling in Oscar's room, finally found her way to the kitchen

Tatiana, after many hours of mindlessly staring at the ceiling in Oscar's room, finally found her way to the kitchen. She was in there heating up some food from the previous night when her phone started ringing. The familiar tone of Aiyana's FaceTime call blasted throughout the kitchen and living room and without hesitation, Tatiana answered it.

"Hey, mami. So, you're going to that chica Olivia's quince, verdad? Because I was thinking we could go get our nails done."

"You just want me to go because you need a fill, don't you?" Tatiana stared back at her best friend with a questioning look as she sat at her vanity applying her falsies.

Without even taking her attention away from her makeup, Aiyana's jaw dropped. "Wha- of course not! I mean...ok, fine. You caught me, pero por favor! I haven't seen you in like two days and I think I'm having a mental breakdown."

Withholding her chuckle, Tatiana rolled her eyes. "Fine, but you're paying."

"As long as you pay for the tacos- oh shit." Aiyana teased before dropping her highlight on the ground and screaming as it broke into pieces on her wood floor. "Puta madre! Eso fue Fenty!"

"Aiyana, qué te dije de eso maldito insulta, pendeja?" Her mother yelled, loud enough for Tatiana to hear her friend getting cussed out by her mom.

"Mami, I gotta go before my ass gets beat, but I'll pick you up in an hour." With a final goodbye, the FaceTime ended and the kitchen was left quiet.

"Aiyana is still loud as hell, I see." Turning around, Tatiana peered over her shoulder to ser Oscar standing right outside the kitchen.

"I'm surprised you remember her. You met her like twice before you were... yeah." Tatiana dragged off.

"Only because she haunts my dreams." Oscar replied sarcastically. "Anyway, are you ready yet? Your appointment is like 15 minutes."

While taking her food out of the microwave with her good hand, Tatiana looked back at Oscar in confusion. "What appointment?"

"Your doctor's appointment? They're supposed to check on your ribs and make sure the fractured ones are hitting your lungs. Tati, te lo dije ayer."

With a contemplating look on her face, she looked between her plate of food and the man in front of her. "Can I eat first? I haven't had breakfast yet."

"Just eat in the car."

"En tu coche? Oscar, the last time I ate in your car, you almost threw it out the window."

"Tati, just ge- a la mierda." In one quick swoop, Oscar had Tati in his arms and he walked out the front door. With all the Santos out in the front yard, Tati pulled her shirt up to cover everything, but that didn't stop them from making whip sounds once Oscar walked by with her in his arms.

Tatiana appreciated the gesture, but she couldn't help but to take notice of the fact that he didn't bring her crutches along. "Oscar, necesito mis muletas." With a groan, Oscar pushed himself off of his car and walked back inside the house.

"Tati, how's it feel to have him wrapped around your finger."

"I don't know, because he's not."

Her response had them laughing while she looked at them confused. One of the older members, after calming himself down, said, "Princesa, he wouldn't even do half the things he does for you for Cesar. Trust us, está pillado."

× × ×

"Alright, your ribs look fine and you shouldn't have to worry about them anymore. Same goes for your wrist. As for your leg, now that the cast is off, make sure you're careful with it. You haven't walked on it for a while so it might take some getting used to. Other than that, you're good to go." The explained to her, helping her off the bench once she was ready to go. "So, are you the one Spooky's waiting for?"

"Oh, uh, yeah. He's been taking care of me since the whole incident happened."

The doctor let out a deep chuckle as he led her down the hallway and back to the lobby. "Never thought I'd see the day Oscar Diaz would settle down."

The two reached the lobby and Tatiana looked towards him in surprise. "Oh, no, I'm not- we're not together."

"Not yet, anyone can see how he looks at you. You two have a safe drive." He said, handing her a lollipop before moving onto his next patient.

"Tati, ándale. Aiyana keeps blowing up my phone about getting you home." Oscar commented in annoyance as he looked down at his phone that kept being lit up by text messages. "You got your cast off? I thought you had 2 weeks left?"

"Yeah, he said it's fully healed so I don't need it anymore. It's perfect though because Olivia's quinceñera is tomorrow." Tatiana smiled and Oscar could've sworn he was in heaven. Her smile was his favorite thing about her and whenever she did it, he felt like he was flying. However, he would never admit to that. "Come on, I have to go get my nails done."

I'm taking so long to update because I'm trying to not have this book on hold for like 5 months until season 2.

Also, I'm studying for my PSAT and trying to balance 3 AP classes and getting a job 😪 we love