veintidós

The Martinez backyard was filled with guests and while waiting for Olivia, her dama and chambelanes, everyone was filling up their plates with the catered food.  Tatiana had her own plate, but she still picked food off of Aiyana's when she wasn't looking. 

"I'm sitting here."  The chair beside Tatiana was pulled back and filled with a body that wasn't one of her friends.  Tatiana turned to the side to tell off the person who stole her friend's seat when she saw her plus one.

"You came!"  She cheered, throwing her arms around Oscar's shoulders and only pulling back to kiss him.  "Damn, te ves guapo."

"Claro, I can't show up looking like a damn bum while my girl looks like una reina

"Claro, I can't show up looking like a damn bum while my girl looks like una reina."  He responded back, sending Tatiana a wink while the two checked each other out.

"Umm, hello?  I'm still here."  Aiyana said, waving her hand near their faces while she chewed her food.  "But you guys are so cute."  She squealed, clapping her hands together as she stared at the new couple. 

"Aiyana, still loud as hell, I see."  Oscar said, leaning back as Aiyana smiled with her mouth closed and pointed.

"Of course, can't lose my amazing personality."  She told him.  "Anyways, you guys having safe sex or are-"

"Yana!"  Tatiana yelled, turning to her with her jaw dropped as Oscar started laughing.  "Paralo."

"I'm just saying.  Back then, he never used condoms with you and-"  Tatiana groaned at her best friend and slumped into her chair with her hands over her face.  "Am I embarrassing you?  I should be louder, huh?  Oscar never used-!"  The rest of her shouting was cut off by Tatiana's hand and she could feel her best friend's mouth turning into a smile.

"I'm going with him to get food."  Tatiana stood up and grabbed Oscar's hand to lead him to the catering tables.  Aiyana watched them walk away with a giggle and even took notice of how Oscar purposely stayed behind her so he could watch her ass.  Men

× × ×

Everyone stood up once the DJ announced that the birthday girl was coming out and surrounded the dance floor.  Ruby and Olivia were last to walk out while Cesar and Monse stood off to the side and waited for their cue. 

"He looks a lot like you did when you first shaved your head."

"Yeah, but he's uglier."

Tatiana simply rolled her eyes at Oscar with a chuckle and turned back too the group on the dance floor.  She was happy they went with her routine and not the one they made up because that was a whole mess.  She looked at Cesar in happiness but she was still upset that he was growing up and already as tall as her. 

"You raised him well."

Oscar nodded, holding his smile back as he briefly looked down at his girlfriend.  "You did too."

They finished their dance and everyone clapped while the DJ started playing more upbeat latin songs.  Tatiana was just waiting for Payaso de Rodeo to start playing while she and Aiyana danced.

"Not that I don't love you, mami, but why are you dancing with me and not your cholito."

Tati looked back at Oscar who was staring at her and drinking a beer.  "I tried, he said he doesn't dance."

"We both know that's a lie.  Force his ass to dance with you while I get some more food.  A bitch gotta eat."

Tatiana watched Aiyana walk away then walked towards Oscar who was already staring at her.  She plopped herself on her his lap and his arm was around her waist before she even sat down.  "You looked like a loner, so I'm here to keep you company."

"I said I'm not dancing, mamas."  He told her simply and she pouted before dramatically falling back. 

"Come on, por favor!"  Tatiana begged.  "We always danced at parties, how's this any different?  You're being a party pooper."  She pointed out. 

Oscar stared forward silently before saying, "Can I at least finish my beer first?"  Tatiana nodded and waited a good two minutes until Oscar stood up and carried her over to the dance. 

"Ay, you can't do that.  This dress is too short."  Tatiana complained as she tugged down her dress before putting her hands on the back of his neck.  For some reason, right when they got to the little makeshift dance floor, the DJ put on a slow song.  Little suspicious if you ask Oscar.

"I feel like you and the DJ planned this."  Tatiana simply shrugged before laying her head on Oscar's shoulder.  "If we weren't so damn stubborn, we could've gotten together a long time ago."  Tatiana hummed as her and Oscar swayed, enjoying the moment while staring up at him.

"You know I love you, right?"

Oscar smiled for a split second and pressed a kiss to her forehead.  "I love you more than I love mi coche."

Tatiana gasped quietly and took her head off of his shoulder.  "That's a lot."  She whispered as Oscar nodded and stared down at her, his eyes showing nothing but adoration.  "Why you staring?  Do I have food on my face again?" 

Oscar watched as one hand came from his neck and started to sweep over her cheeks.  She was trying to get whatever was on her face off, but without messing up her makeup that she spent so much time on. 

When she gave up after finding nothing, she looked back up where Oscar was already staring at her with a small smile.

She was content, happy, overjoyed, over the moon, etc.  She finally got her man, she met her dad who exposed her sorry excuse of a mother, and she was full of food.  It's all she ever wanted and more.

I have 2 ideas for the next chapter, but I'm fighting myself because they both sound good. 😤