catorce

After the late night talk between Oscar and Tatiana, Oscar came up with the idea that he would try to get her back. Everyone in Freeridge knows that she's been claimed for the past 4 years, but actually seeing Oscar act soft with someone was new.

"No, how about you cook dinner since you're Chef Spooky and I make the Flan and Tres Leches."

There was no special occasion, but with the Santos members around to watch for Prophets, Tatiana didn't want them to all starve. "They're all men, let them make their own food."

"Oscar."

The cholo groaned and pushed himself off thr counter after Tatiana sent him a look. "You're such una mujer a veces."

"Just make the damn food." Tatiana said, unintentionally flicking some off the egg onto him. "Whoops."

If it were anyone else, they'd be begging to not get their ass kicked, but as for Tatiana, she stood a few feet away, giggling behind her hand. Spooky bobbed his head before picking up an egg and cracking it over her head. "You look better this way."

"Wha- I needed that." She told him, right before he scooped up a handful of the mixture of dry ingredients and throwing it at her. Due to the egg, it stuck to her face and hair. "That was perfectly measured, puto!" Though she was mad about her masterpiece being ruined, she was laughing as she threw more food at Oscar.

"Aight, that's it." Oscar mumbled and next thing she knows, Oscar is shaking the bag of sugar over her head while she was throwing anything she could get her hands on. By the end of their little food fight, the whole kitchen was covered in a variety of white powder and eggs.

Unintentionally, the two stood inches apart, calming down, especially Tatiana who was laughing hysterically. Once they were almost completely calm, there was a few seconds of Tatiana simply smiling as she stared up at Oscar. Oscar wasn't smiling, but his eyes were and that was enough for her. Unconsciously, they two slowly started leaning into each other, their lips only centimetres apart.

"Aye, is the food...nevermind. We'll come in later." The cholo, who Tatiana knew as Antonio, said as he walked in and proceeded to walk back out.

A few seconds of silence later, Tatiana said, "I'm going to go shower."

"You're not gonna help me clean up?" Oscar called after her as she crutched down the hallway.

"Can't. I'm too busy being crippled." Tatiana called over her shoulder while Oscar shook his head and watched. That girl will be the death of him.

Two days later, it was Monday and Oscar was keeping his little brother from going to school. So while that was happening, Oscar was dropping off Tatiana since she refused to miss her AP tests.

"Be careful. The greenlight is on Cesar, but they could be after you because you're close to the gang." Spooky told her as the car rolled up to the school.

"I know, Oscar. I'll be fine, this isn't thr first time something like this is happening. Just, worry about Cesar before he gets a bullet put into his head." Tatiana said as she reached into the backseat for her crutches. "Oh, and don't forget to pick me up after school because I don't wanna walk home."

Before opening the door, she leaned over to hug him. "Yeah, yeah. Just go take your damn tests."

× × ×

While Cesar and Oscar were spending time at the beach, Tatiana was sitting in classes and at a lunch table. Like always, they were gossiping.

"Did you hear about Nate? That puto got released probation. I call white privilege." Aiyana said as she drank from her soda cup.

"What kind of bullshit..."

With a little nudge from Tatiana's friend Sergio, he said, "Well for his sake, he moved out of Freeridge. Because I know somebody wouldn't want her boo thang to get arrested again."

"Shut the hell up." Tatiana said as she slapped the back of his head and the people at the table started teasing her. "I hate all of you."

"Girl, you're sleepin in his bed. You're basically married. Plus, you're one of the like 5 girls he's slept with, we want details."

"Tati, I'm telling you, she's trying to steal your man." Sergio cut in. "But on a real note, how bomb is his dick?"

Tatiana rolled her eyes while her friends all laughed and made sexual gestures. "Okay, one, Oscar's not my man anymore and two, why are you guys so invested in my love life?"

"'Not anymore', está loca?!" Another friend of her asked and Tatiana smiled because she knew the last part came from all those George Lopez episod9she used to watch. "Oscar's had a claim on you since you were 14, Tati. And 4 years later, he hasn't unclaimed you."

Sergio nodded along as if it was a preach coming from a priest. "She's right, he probably still wants you. I mean, you two did have a thing going on until you called it off since he didn't want to be official again."

"Just ask him again, Tati. From what you told us, he might want to try this time." Aiyana pleaded -for an unknown reason- and sighed when i just stared at her. "Come on, you even told me about how you wanted to marry him and have a family with him."

"I was 14 back then."

"But you were in love, and you still are."

umm... Idk what this was, so we'll just call it a filler chapter :)