Prologue - First Job Interview.

A very big welcome to all my new/old readers on my first story, Love After Marriage❤️

It's a revamped version with loads of changes but with the same storyline, of course!

The story now comes in a mix with both long/short chapters so please bear with the changes.

As you all know, it's an Interracial Romance(Indian Woman With Half American-Indian Man)

Before we began, I would love to do the drumrolls for the cast of my characters<( ̄︶ ̄)>

(Deepika Padukone as Ishita Hassan)

(Nick Bateman as Nathan Lawrence)

Since we are done casting, let's we roll into the story!

*****

Ishita Hassan

"You have to wake up now, Ishita" my mom's voice echoed in my room as I woke up to close the curtains that cause the sun ray to hit straight to my face. My mom is the alarm for me because my own alarm will betray me sometimes and her voice is already loud enough to wake me up easily.

As I finished tidying my already messed bed, I glance on my clock that shows 7.30am and something struck in my head.

Oh my God, I'm late for my first job's interview. I quickly ran to the balcony to take my towel and get into some cold shower to shake away my sleepy mind. I wrap the towel around my body and get to my closet to find a perfect clothing for an interview.

Since this is my first job interview after the college years, I have to be more professional and smart so I choose to wear something a bit traditional.

I wear a well pattern mid long tops that reach till my mid thigh with a leggings that fit me like a second skin and I wear a wire hook earrings that match my attire. I don't like make up but for my mother's sake I learned to put minimal make up that still gives a natural look to my face. I put my hair on a French braid and pin my baby hair into a small puff.

I ran out from my bedroom with my bag and get to the kitchen to give a goodbye kiss to my mom. She wish me luck and I turned to exit the kitchen when I saw my brother standing on my way out.

Avoiding him, I pushed him harder on the way out as he stumble on his place and he, of course cursed me to death. I didn't defend myself because the time doesn't let me to or else he will be the one who running out now. I get into my car and set my destination.

Today is really lucky for me because the traffic isn't that heavy and I got to the place in 15 minutes. I parked the car on the parking lot and glance to my watch.

To my surprise, I'm 10 minutes earlier to the interview. I walked passed a receptionist that gives me a gentle smile and walk to the elevator to get to the 12th floor where the interview held on.

As the elevator door started to close, a woman on her mid forty rushed to the elevator to enter. I tap on the open button to make the door open again and she walks in peacefully. She thanked me with a smile and I return the favour.

"So why are you here for Miss?..." she asked with the same smile on her face.

"Ishita. Ishita Hassan, madam. And I'm here for a new take in interview." I said with a polite smile while extending my hand to shake with hers.

"Oh, is it. So I'm very happy to welcome you to the company. By the way, I'm Mrs Lau and lady you look really beautiful in this traditional attire. It's really hard to see Indian woman in traditional. " she said while extending her hand to shake with mine.

"That's true, madam. And I really prefer to be in traditional rather than modern attire. " I blushed and replied while glancing on the elevator door that gives a 'ding' sound and I gave a small goodbye wave to Mrs Lau as she leaves out before me. She even congratulate me in advance.

I, for the first time felt pleasant that the people here is sweet and then comes my floor. I walked out in hurry and bumped accidentally onto a short skinny woman with the long heels that shows herself as tall but still shorter than me because I'm naturally tall with a curvaceous body.

She was in a tight dress that reachs only till her quarter thigh and she looked like a real life barbie doll with her face caked with make up. She narrowed her eyes while walking away to the elevator without saying sorry and I rolled my eyes to her.

Ignoring her, I walked nearer the interview room while knocking on the door and I heard someone voicing, "Come in. "

I stepped in after taking a deep breath and strolled in confidently.

This is my first job interview after graduating and I am anything rather than calm right now. When I reached passed the hallway, I was already facing two men who seemed to be in a heated conversation.

As their attention landed on me, I was taken aback at the familiarity I saw on one of them and I felt myself glaring him right away.

Below, Ishita on the first day interview ❤️

Below, Nathan on his office suit🥵❤️