Prompt #9: Umbrella

Life in the Penthouse
Prompt #9: Umbrella

"Skylar!" Bree shouted. "Are you ready to go?"

The Calderan superhero came rushing down the stairs. "Yeah, but I think it's raining."

"Is it?" Bree asked as she looked out the window. "Chase!"

"What now?" Chase whimpered as he walked downstairs, rubbing his left arm that had twenty stitches due to a "issue with a neurotic pigeon."

"Do you have any umbrellas?" Bree asked her brother.

"Check Mission Command, I don't think Mr. Davenport has any up here." Chase said.

"Thanks." Bree said as she and Skylar went down to Mission Command.

The girls went down into Mission Command and entered the tunnels of the underground command center and Chase's "geek cave," as Bree called it.

"I think storage is over here." Skylar said as she pointed to a entrance on the left.

They entered the room to find a single rock inside. Bree made a face and looked at the single green rock.

"What's with the rock?" Bree questioned.

Skylar shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know. Maybe it's the right door..."

They entered the room and found a pigeon. The pigeon angrily squawked and began flying towards the girls.

Bree closed the door. "Chase was right, there is a neurotic pigeon here."

The girls walked down the tunnels, opening various doors in hopes of finding the storage room. Bree and Skylar found:

Eight lit candles,

A room of balloons (Skylar looked away and acted like she didn't know why they were in there),

Four turtles,

Seven frogs,

Eight vats of gum,

One laptop,

And seven boxes.

Bree and Skylar eventually gave up and found Kaz and Oliver entering the penthouse, each holding a umbrella.

"Where did you get those?" Bree asked.

"Oh, funny story," Kaz said. "Oliver and I went looking for that neurotic pigeon Chase was talking about and we stumbled on this room with a single green rock with two umbrellas."

Bree groaned and stormed off. Skylar looked around, and turned to the boys.

"Why is there a pigeon in Mission Command?"