Prompt #22: Sofa

Life in the Penthouse
Prompt #22: Sofa

Mr. Davenport had gathered the team in the living room part of the penthouse to inform them that he was leaving to Mission Creek to take care of some business there and Tasha was going to pay them a visit.

Davenport left the following day and Tasha was expected to arrive with Naomi on a Saturday and leave Monday.

"Bree, do you have any boots we can borrow?" Kaz asked a few hours before Tasha's arrival.

Bree made a face as she looked up from her phone. "Um, why?"

"Oliver and I want to play "Who goes down First."' Kaz responded.

"Just take the cheap pair in the plastic tub by my capsule. Don't explain, I don't want to know." Bree responded.

With that, Bree went downstairs to find Chase making some sort of device.

"Hey, dorkface." Bree said.

Chase made a face. "Dorkface?"

"So?"

Chase chose to shake it off. "Do you need something?"

"Just bored." Bree responded.

"Well, since Kaz and Oliver played "Topple the Tower" with the couch last week and since it broke Davenport wants me to look for a new couch. Do you think you can do that? Just make sure it matches the color scheme." Chase responded.

"That sounds fun!" Bree responded. "I'll get Skylar to go with me to that furniture store by the bay."

Chase handed Bree a credit card that Davenport had assigned to be used for the new piece of furniture.

Several hours later, Skylar and Bree had gotten the exact same couch on sale. When Bree came home, she found that Kaz had taken all of her boots and between him and Oliver had destroyed every single pair.

"Kaz! I told you to use the cheap pair!" Bree yelled.

"They all seemed cheap." Kaz said.

"One was over two thousand dollars!" Bree yelled as her super speed began to glitch.

"Uh," Kaz said, eyeing Bree's legs which were twitching with her super speed beginning to glitch.

Several seconds later, Kaz was on the ground while the rest of the penthouse was pretty much destroyed. Chase heard the ruckus from downstairs and just decided to hide down there, as he knew Tasha would be there in a few minutes.

Skylar was down in Mission Command, so when Tasha showed up and began yelling at Bree, Kaz and Oliver, Chase and Skylar laughed at the security camera footage of the event from the safety of the underground base.

Chase had locked the hyperloop so that nobody could seek refuge from motherly rage other than Skylar and himself.

The two ended up staying down there for a few hours before Tasha's sternly warned them about doing this again. They were sent to bed and that's when Skylar and Chase came out of Mission Command to say hi.