A Talkative Stroll

One Week Later

Sherlock waited a short distance away from the Ambassador Team, looking on as they finished up their presentation for the group of students who had gathered in the Wildlife Garden. Adelaide was supposed to be on break once it had ended and he wanted to talk through his new case with her.

Luckily for him it was only a ten minute wait. The program wrapped up and Sherlock strode towards his girlfriend. He intercepted her near one of the taller shrubs and she looked up at him with a smile, "I guess this means you need to talk to me, Sherlock?"

"Of course," He leaned down and pecked a kiss on her lips, "You're on break aren't you?"

Adelaide chuckled, "Yes, I am, Sherlock. What do you need to talk to me about?"

"My new case. Erm... It involves history and I figured you might be able to supply that knowledge as I am lacking in it."

"Sure! What is it, then? I'm not an expert historian but-" He hooked his arm around hers and pulled her along, starting to vent about the case.

"You have an uncanny memory and knack for remembering even trivial facts. Anyways, Adelaide, this case involved a bust of some Margaret Thatcher-"

"The first female Prime Minister?"

"Yes. The house was broken into and the owners, obviously devout fans of her, had a table laid with mementos in honor of her. Including the bust. The bandit took only the clay bust, and it only made it as far as their porch, where it was smashed. Now the question is why."

"Why only the bust was shattered into pieces?"

"Yes. Now, any particular ideas?"

Adelaide hummed as they walked, "Well... many busts of famous people like Margaret Thatcher are made en masse. If it had been a demonstration against her then the whole shrine would have been vandalized, not stolen, I think."

"So there may be others that the bandit is after?"

"Maybe. I'm not a detective like you," She nudged him playfully, smiling gently as the approached the courtyard, "How long were you watching the program, Sherlock?"

"Hmm? Oh, perhaps twenty minutes. You were the most interesting ambassador there anyways. Time flew."

"You're just saying that. I think Ryan and her ambassador were far more interesting."

"I was not saying that just because you're my girlfriend. I would have told you otherwise."

She looked down, "Yeah... I suppose you would have..."

He stopped them just off the path and gently lifted her chin so her eyes were on him, "Truly, Adelaide, you were the best in the program. You knew every fact and figure and answered multiple questions not even meant for you. You projected perfectly to the audience and not once did you stammer."

"Are you sure?" She asked softly.

"Yes. Absolutely positive, Lovey." He kissed the tip of her nose and she blushed.

"A-Alright." He smiled and took her hand in his, resuming their stroll.

"Anyways, Adelaide, you said that there are other busts of Margaret Thatcher?"

"Y-Yeah. Probably. She was popular, after all."

"Hmm," He saw her spectacles slip down her nose and he quickly slid them back up into place, "There." She smiled after the initial confusion subsided.

"Thank you, Sweetie."

"No problem, Love."

They continued on inside and eventually into her office where they shared a snack before Lestrade texted for him. Sherlock pressed a deep kiss to her lips and when they split she giggled, "I hope I was able to help you out with that case."

"You did. Thank you for the information."

"You're welcome, Darling."

Thank you for reading!!