Back in the Saddle [A]

Two Days Later

I take a deep breath and let it out slowly. Back to work today. Finally!  

The hospital discharged me yesterday afternoon, with an all clear to resume work today. Last night Sherlock and I decided to celebrate by going out for a night on the town- exploring Sydney together- including a visit to world renowned Adriano Zumbo's Patisserie shop, which was amazing. So while I'm pumped to get back to work, I'm still lagging from yesterday's excitement.

I finish putting on my light makeup, putting in my contacts and getting my hair into a ponytail. By the time I'm done I hear a knock at the door and hurry over, opening to find none other than my fiancé, "Good Morning, Darling."

He smiles warmly, "Good Morning, Lovey. Rest well?"

"Mostly," He comes in and I see the bag of takeout in his hand, "Aw, Sherlock, you didn't need to. The hotel serves breakfast-"

He leans down and pecks me on the lips, "Yes, but it's early and I wanted to share a private breakfast with you." I giggle and we share a kiss.

"Thank you, Darl."

"No problem, Love," He sets the takeout on the small table and I help him take everything out. Once it's all laid out he reaches for my right arm, "It's beginning to heal now." He refers to the bite wound. It's still a red bullseye and there's still a blood blister, but the blister itself is starting to shrink and the bullseye is fading.

"Yes, it is healing. I'm sure it'll be gone by the wedding." I comment. He nods and gently releases my arm after leaving a light kiss atop the blister.

"And the rest of the symptoms?"

Smiling, I chuckle and kiss his cheek, "Nothing new, don't worry, Sherlock. The only symptom is the stubborn achiness, but I'm not quite as sore. And yes I took a couple pain pills for it, as prescribed."

"Excellent."

We tuck into breakfast and I find that I've regained most of my appetite. Thank goodness I'm not nauseated anymore. I hope it doesn't come back.  I muse to myself as I bite into my sausage and cheese breakfast sandwich. While I finish my meal, Sherlock explains that England is insisting on falling apart without his presence. Apparently the cases have been piling up and Lestrade begged him to fly back. I sit and listen as he goes through every reason why he should and should not return home.

Finally I clear my throat, "Sweetie?"

"Yes, Love?"

"If you're needed back in London, then I think it would be best for you to go home."

"But you're not recovered yet."

"Sherlock, I'm fine. I'm out of the hospital and can go back to the Reptile Project. It's not fair to everyone who needs your help for you to stay here. I'll be back in a week anyways. It won't be a long wait, and with what I'm hearing you'll be busy."

"Go back and leave you to Kendall Underwood?"

I roll my eyes, "I can handle him, Sherlock. Do you really think I'd leave you for him? I was the one that left him and I don't have any reason or desire in the slightest to take him back."

His eyes tell me that he accepted my argument and then change. He sighs, "And what if you are bitten by another fatally toxic animal?"

"I promise I won't be."

"How can you promise that?"

"Because I'm not going to be the one catching or handling any of the toxic specimens. I will be taking care of recording data and organizing the paperwork, etcetera, etcetera, etcerera."

He studies me and then exhales "Very well. I suppose that I should get back to London before everything falls apart."

"Yes, and besides, there's things that need to be done-"

"For the wedding, yes," Sherlock nods, "Then in that case I should catch a flight back. It won't do much good to leave them unattended."

"Leave what, exactly?"

"Cases and wedding details."

"Mmmhmm." I can't help but chuckle.

He gets out his phone and I clear away breakfast. While I'm putting on my shoes and grabbing my bag he's finding a suitable flight for him to catch back to London.

He ends up accompanying me to the Centre for the day, and makes sure I don't come in close contact with anything that could jeopardise my health. Luckily we don't run into Kendall either.  The day flies by and after treating him to dinner, I go with him to the Airport, helping by carrying his violin case.

Sherlock checks his suitcase and I walk with him towards the security checkpoint, arm in arm. As we get closer her suddenly pulls me behind a pillar, "Sherlock-!"

He plants his lips on mine and drapes his arms around my waist. I smile and return the kiss, closing my eyes and leaning in. I barely manage to keep ahold of his violin case, wanting to wrap my arms around him.

When we split he takes the violin case and rests his forehead against mine, "I should get going."

"Yeah, you should, Darl."

"Promise that you'll avoid any more hospital visits?"

I chuckle, "Yes, I promise."

"Good," We embrace tightly, "I will be waiting for you at the Airport when you return, Angel."

"Okay, I will be looking forward to seeing you there then."

He kisses me again, "I Love You, Adelaide."

"I Love You too, Sherlock."

I end up still having to nudge Sherlock on to the checkpoint, but I stay until he's across before heading out. Just another week.

Thank you so much for 7k reads! 😚☺😘❤ I love you guys!