The Hen and The Stag

The Next Day  

Adelaide breezed into her grandparents' kitchen early that morning with a giant grin and sparkling eyes. Her Nan, Iona, and Pop looked up from the table and the former chuckled, "Well good morning, Ada! Excited for today I see?"

"I am!" Adelaide affirmed and kissed them both on their cheeks, "Finley and Tara will be down in a sec." She hopped over to the counter to fix up a cuppa and get her breakfast. Then she brought them to the table and sat down with them.

"What time is everyone meeting at the Penn?" Her Pop, Charles, asked.

"In a couple of hours. We'll have the rehearsal, a tour, and then have lunch together. After that I believe you and Sherlock's parents are going to visit Briantspuddle..?"

"Yes. And you have your Hen Party."

"Mm, and Sherlock has his Stag Party." Adelaide looked up as Tara and Finley, neither of them early birds, stumbled down the stairs and into the kitchen. Once they'd gotten their breakfast and tea then they perked up and Tara especially started gushing about the excitement they had planned for the day. While she talked, Adelaide checked her phone.

Sherlock confirmed that he would be there at nine o'clock sharp and they finished their text conversation

Sherlock confirmed that he would be there at nine o'clock sharp and they finished their text conversation. Then Adelaide got up and the five of them headed out to meet her Aunt Nora for some pictures.

Time managed to fly by and Nine O'clock rolled around. Everyone flocked to Pennsylvania Castle for the rehearsal. As soon as the car had stopped, Adelaide unbuckled and hopped out. Her eyes quickly found Sherlock and she hurried over to him, trapping him in a tight hug. He slipped his arms around her and pulled her close, "Hullo, Angel."

"Hi, Hun," She smiled and planted a kiss on his lips, "Can you believe that we're finally having our rehearsal?"

"I can indeed, Adelaide. And you?"

"I almost can't, I'll have to be honest." He chuckled and brushed a kiss atop her head before they linked arms and approached their Consultant.

Barring rain, the ceremony would be held outside at two pm in the courtyard overlooking Church Ope Cove. Tara was the maid of honor and John was to be the best man, also in charge of the rings. Charles would walk with Adelaide down the grass and rose petal-carpeted aisle to the pavilion, with Lestrade officiating by Sherlock's request. Mycroft and Finley were Ushers, and the details went on.

They ran through the ceremony five times after making sure everyone knew precisely what their roles were. Sherlock was particularly touchy about the script, taking Lestrade and Adelaide aside to read through it. The DI was quite proud when Sherlock and Adelaide agreed that he had come through brilliantly- preparing his remarks and tailoring the ceremony for them.

Following the rehearsal, the group was led on an extensive tour of the Castle and its grounds, including down to the beach. They went over the schedule for the next day, which included spa and hair treatments and a morning sailing tour. Finally Adelaide and Sherlock split off with their head photographer Brielle to scope out the main spots where they wanted to have their portraits taken.

It was noon by the time everyone was ready to get lunch. And after gathering together at one of Weymouth's best seaside restaurants, it was time for the Hen and Stag celebrations to commence.

John, Lestrade, Mycroft and Finley whisked Sherlock to a Virtual Escape Room with a customized theme and mission- naturally a Murder Mystery. Mycroft and Lestrade, who had taken the lead with the idea, had made sure that it was more than challenging enough for Sherlock to immerse himself in it and enjoy it. They did three rounds before they left to continue the fun.

Since John's own stag night had been terrible, they decided to avoid the pubs and bars. So instead, Finley and John teamed up and decided to sign them all up for an Aerial Assault Course- rock and ice walls, ropes and more. It took some persuasion and some teasing to convince Sherlock to participate, but once he got started it was hard for the others to keep up.

Meanwhile, Adelaide, Tara, Molly and Mary went to a Perfumery. They each learned how to make their own and by the time they finished, each had concocted a unique perfume to take home in atomizers. Following that it was Coasteering. For three hours, the group explored caves, cliff dived to see fossils, and scrambled over rocks. It was extremely thrilling and afterwards they all headed back to clean up before the grand finale for the night.

Adelaide winced as they regrouped after showering and getting dressed, "You really wore me out, girls!"

Tara laughed, "I bet! But don't worry, the finale won't be as physically demanding."

"Oh really?"

"Mmhm! Come on, Ada!"

After finishing the Aerial Obstacle Course, Sherlock was certain that that was it and that he could return to the hotel to recuperate. And hopefully not be stiff or broken tomorrow, "Come on, mate. We're not done yet."

"What else could you have possibly planned?"

"Just come on and see for yourself."

It was late evening when the two groups converged on a Go-Karting Complex. When Adelaide and Sherlock saw each other they knew immediately what the conspiracy had been all along. And despite how sore and exhausted they were, they laughed and smiled, happy to finally be back together.

They spent the rest of the night enduring endless pranks, games and teasing from all sides, either racing each other or teaming up on a two person kart to kick the other's butts.

When it was finally time to go, the Watsons found the couple asleep, leaning against each other on one of the benches. John chuckled at the sight and shook Sherlock, "Come on, mate. Time to go."

"Nngh..."

Stay tuned!! Love y'all! 😘