Final Faceoff

After John finished, there was a few seconds of pause before Sherlock sensed it and called out, "Vatican Cameos!" Then he raced forward and tackled Moran, leaving McDermott to John. Taken off guard the assassin stumbled back a bit, allowing the brunette to land a few solid punches and knock the gun out of his hands.

Moran spat, regaining composure, "It's you and me, Holmes!"

"And this time-!" Sherlock ducked to avoid a right hook and then kicked the gun, sending it flying away before uppercutting the blonde criminal, "-This time I'll finish my mission!"

The two growled and in a matter of a minute were full on brawling on the front concrete floor, neither backing down or restraining themselves. It was all or nothing for both of them. And it was nearly evenly matched. Moran had the advantage in muscle and brute strength, but Sherlock was fast and flexible.

He knew his main vulnerability was his neck. If Moran caught him in a headlock then he was in serious trouble, so a good portion of the fight was in effort to prevent a chokehold. His opponent on the other hand was particularly vulnerable in his abdomen. Moran defended his midsection quite well, but eventually he started slipping and Sherlock began taking every opportunity.

Meanwhile John and McDermott squared off. After exchanging a few rounds, John managed to impact McDermott in the leg and ran forward, forcing him to the ground. Then he got up and ran to Bridget Shannon. She had woken up to the gunshots and was struggling against the restraints. He started untying her, "Miss Shannon, you're going to be just fine. But once I set you loose you'll need to get clear. Do you think you can run?" He removed the gaga and she gasped for air, coughing.

She nodded, "Y-yes, I can run."

"Okay, then you'll need to run outside. The Yard and a medic crew is waiting for you. Tell them to advance and bring in the paramedics."

"O-Okay."

He got the ropes free and pulled her up, pointing her towards the exit, "Go!" She didn't need to be told twice. She stumbled but kept her balance and made a run for it, opening the boathouse doors and slipping out.

The army doctor then raced to the two other men, taking care to bind their wounds so that they wouldn't bleed out before the paramedics arrived. McDermott managed to turn over and grab his gun again, "Hah!"

John dodged the bullet, grabbing his pistol again and firing, this time aiming and hitting him in both shoulders. McDermott had to drop his gun, screaming out in pain. The blogger walked over to staunch the blood flow, "You're done, McDermott." As he tended the assassin he looked over at Sherlock and Moran. Come on Greg. Get in here quickly, before he loses control again.

Neither had relented or seemed aware of their surroundings, and now the two were beginning to get bloody and raw. Moran rolled and pinned Sherlock, spitting blood, "Why haven't you died yet!!"

Sherlock growled and kneed him, knocking him off and then elbowing him in the gut, "Because I have someone worth living for!" He answered and grabbed Moran by his shoulders, shoving him hard against the floor, "And rest assured after this you will not be able to harm Adelaide again!"

Lestrade, The Yard and paramedics then burst into the boathouse. John directed them towards the two unconscious suspects first before handing McDermott over. Then the blogger and DI went to intervene in the brawl between Sherlock and Moran, "Sherlock, stop! That's good enough, mate!" John called but neither men heard him. After trying to pull the two apart they decided to stand back instead, knowing that they would get tired eventually.

Finally, Sherlock landed a hook on Moran that stunned him enough for the brunette to get the upper hand and deal a few final blows before pinning him, "Game Over, Moran." The blonde sniper succumbed and fell unconscious. Sherlock released him with a flick and got to his feet, allowing the paramedics to pick him up.

John walked over and clapped him on the shoulder, "It's over, Sherlock. You got him."

Mycroft arrived soon after, assigning his best agents to assure that the network leaders would not escape before they could get them into government custody. The elder Holmes made it clear that he would deal with Moran and McDermott appropriately and quietly. John and Sherlock finished giving their statements to the Yard as Mary arrived in the car to pick them up, and by that time it was nearly ten o'clock at night. He gave Mary Adelaide's address and they headed off.

The ride was silent, except for Rosie's cooing and laughter. Sherlock entertained her with a couple of her toys while he reflected on everything that had just happened. He texted Adelaide but didn't get a response, so he deduced that she had likely dozed off waiting for him. Probably at the kitchen table working on that portfolio.

He chatted a minute with the Watson's before making his way up to the flat, letting himself in. As he had expected his fianceé was slumped over her laptop and the table, head tucked her arms, sleeping. He smiled and removed his coat, scarf and blazer before approaching and gently shaking her, "Adelaide, I'm back, Love."

She stirred and slowly pushed herself up into a sitting position, blinking as she looked up at him. When she realized he was actually there she grinned and popped up, embracing him, "Welcome back, Darling! Did you get them this time?"

He held her tightly and pressed a few kisses to her forehead and cheeks, "Yes. I finished the game, Angel."

She cheered and caught his lips with a deep kiss, "I knew that you would. I told you you'd succeed this time!"

"That you did, Lovey." He lifted her up and spun her around, smiling as she squealed happily. When he set her back down he cupped her face, stroking her cheeks, "Thank you, Adelaide."

"No need to thank me, Darl," Adelaide smiled sleepily and then started to melt into him, "I Love You, Sherlock."

"I Love You too, Adelaide," Sherlock picked her up to carry her to her bedroom, knowing she was about to fall asleep again, and happened to glance at her laptop screen. What he saw made him smile before he powered the device down, "We'll get to that tomorrow."

Thank you for reading!! Any guesses as to what Adelaide was looking at? Love y'all!! 😘❤