1

Edited by Goddamnit_Kyle.

•••••••

"NO!"

I hurried my steps toward my first class, pushing students out of my way. The hall was flooded with students when the bell rang, signifying the beginning of first period.

I have never been late in my life, not even by a second. I'm the type of student that loves keeping her grades up and is always five minutes early to every class. I am adored by every teacher, and I never get into any sort of trouble. I'm friends with everyone, not friends friends, but friends and I do try to keep my distance from the populars. They could decide to flip and embarrass you in front of the entire school.

Unfortunately, today I was late because of my incredibly stupid idiot of a brother. His car broke down and he had to urgently reach somewhere, probably to another on one of his tinder dates checking out his styled hair, rich perfume, and button up shirt paired with his denim jeans he just got yesterday.

Noah is two years older than me, and he has always treated me like a five-year-old. He's always very protective of me and he never lets a guy come near me, which is one of the many reasons for why I'm still single.

Oopsie, forgot to introduce myself.

I am Avelyn Summers seventeen. This is my last year in high school and I'm as single as a scale. There is no trace of romance in my life, never had been, and never will be.

Why, you ask?

Stupid question. No one in high school wants to date a nerd. I mean, who likes a teacher's pet who always has her nose stuck in books and never attends a single party? Obviously, no one.

I don't have many friends, but what else can you expect from an introvert? There is only one person who I can call my real friend because she is my only friend—Stella Williams, a beautiful girl with long blonde hair, green eyes, and a bubbly personality. She can easily fit in with the populars, but she doesn't want to because she hates them.

That makes the two of us.

Anyway, it's better to remain unknown than suck every human with a dick.

Her words, not mine.

I push the door of the classroom open and Ms. Jones glanced at me from under her thick-framed glasses. My cheeks heat up as the class went silent with me as the center of attention. I fiddle with the sleeves of my sea green top.

"Ms. Summer, you're late."

Thanks for stating the obvious.

Of course, I wasn't going to say that out loud. I have never talked back to anyone in my entire life because that's just not me.

"Um..I..uh-" I stammered, all thanks to my shy personality.

"Because this is your first time, I will let it slide. Take your seat." I nodded, hurriedly walking towards my seat, looking down the entire time.

"Well, well, well. Is the nerd late?" One of the jocks teased from behind. I instantly knew that voice.

That voice belonged to none other than Dante Knight.

The number-one jock of the school, who has probably slept with every girl in this school, except me and Stella, of course. He has beautiful blue eyes and black hair pushed back to perfection and let's not forget those biceps that he flaunts at every chance that he gets.

I don't have any grudge against him or against any jock, but I really prefer if they minded their own business.

I ignored his comment and took out my textbook, opening the page from which Ms. Jones was teaching. Thirty minutes and a lot of history later, the bell finally rang, signalling the end of the period.

Just because I was a nerd doesn't mean I had to love every subject.

Finally packing all of my stuff in my bag, I decided to leave, only to smack my head into something and then one of the students who was also in a rush like me pushed me so hard that I smacked in yet another student and their push lead to another.

What in the Hollywood was going on?

"Ow!" I muttered as I rubbed my now sore head.

I was already late to one class and I am definitely not planning to be late again. However, there was a problem. Something was stopping me from moving. I looked up and my breath hitched at the close proximity. I did not realise that Dante Knight's hand was resting on my waist, pulling us a little too close.

Those blue eyes seemed so breathtakingly beautiful from this close. I have always been a sucker for blue eyes after watching Ian Somerhalder in Vampire Diaries. Electricity shot down my body as my cheeks turned pink. I attempted to pull myself back, but couldn't. Knitting my brows, I looked at Dante, confused as to why he wouldn't let me go.

"Um-" His smirk widened and my cheeks flushed the darkest shade of pink.

"Your necklace." He whispered, his voice causing chills to run through my body. My eyes landed on my necklace, which was stuck in Dante's silver chain.

"Sorry." I muttered as I tried to unhook my necklace from his chain. Keyword being tried. With every passing second I was getting more and more nervous. I have never been this close to any guy.

How in the hell did this thing got stuck in his chain in the first place?!

My fingers were working quickly, trying to separate our chains as Dante shamelessly stared at me.

"It's not coming off." I finally spoke as I looked up. Big mistake. He was so close that I could see the two of him. My body was flush against his, our faces just inches apart.

"Can you please, um, help?" Why am I stuttering? Obviously because of a freakishly handsome man standing right in front of me. I am not at all ashamed when I say that he is everything a girl could wish for. From his gorgeous face, to his rock-hard muscles, to his way of talking. Everything about him is perfect.

"Actually, you know what? Let me just take my necklace off." I put my hands on the back of my neck to take the necklace off and save myself from this misery when he pulled me close by the waist and leaned closer; my nerves were all over the place and I could feel my cheeks running to the mountains to get colour.

"Dante?" He shut me up by placing his finger on my lips.

"Shh, Avelyn."

Holy fudge!

He knows my name!

"Don't act so shocked. I never forget the name of a hot chick."

Okay, don't worry Avelyn. It's not a big deal. I mean, the hottest guy in school called you hot, knows your name, and is holding you close. Nope, no biggie at all.

Plus, he is more likely to make fun of you once you leave, so there's that.

His fingers grazed my skin as he worked his way among my necklace. Within no time, I was out of his hold. I breathed a sigh of relief as I walked out of class, not glancing at him once.

Just as I walked out of class, I heard him shout, "You've got a nice ass, nerd!"

I wish I could flip him the bird.

••••••••

Hello fellas!

Hello fellas!

How do you like the first chapter?

New update is coming really soon.

Show some love to this story.