16

Surprise.

•••••••

"Dante." He called out his name in a teasing manner and tightened his hold on my shoulder, I had no idea why. But one thing was clear, it was making Dante angry, like really angry.

"Since when did you guys go all buddy-buddy?" Dante asked, fisting his hands so hard, I could see his knuckles turning slightly white.

"We were just trying to get to know each other as she is going to be around us more, that's it." He replied, his lips twitching slightly looking at Dante's expressions.

"Right." He drawled out, turned his body and walked away.

"What is wrong with him?" I asked, once he was completely out of our sight.

"Nothing." He spoke, smirk clearly evident on his face.

I decided not to give it a second thought as it might be their inside talk.

"You go, I'll be right back."

I bid him goodbye and walked towards my first period which just happened to be history and only God knew how much did I despise that subject.

Luckily, Ethan would be there so I won't have to go through it alone. Just as I was about to open the door of the classroom, an arm slung around my shoulder and my body leaned a little due to the heavy weight of the person.

"I missed you." He spoke, kissing the side of my head.

"Aww, I missed you too." I said, giving him a side hug.

"By the way, where is Stells? I can't find her today." He asked, opening the door of the classroom.

"She slept in." A laugh escaped his mouth and he grinned at her misery.

"You're evil."

The professor entered making the class eerily quiet. She kept on talking about some war and how they affected people and stuff, but I was busy thinking about with whom I would go to home today.

As Klaus brought me to school, I didn't have my Toyota Camry with me and Stella had to take her mother somewhere, so she won't be able to drop me home. Suddenly, my eyes landed on Ethan— My best buddy and I internally slapped myself.

"Hey, Ethan." I called him with a whisper.

"Yes?"

"Can you please drop me to home today?" He raised his one eyebrow and damn, did he look good.

Hey, it was not bad crushing on your friends, okay.

"Ofcourse, I can, but what happened to your car?" I smiled sheepishly at him and he gave me a curious stare.

"I came with Klaus."

Just as the words came out from my mouth, I heard a chair screech. Everyone turned their bodies towards the noise which just happened to came from none other than Dante's who was sitting right behind me. I turned my body to look at him who was standing with his hands placed on the desk, slightly leaned against it as he gave me a hard glare making me squirm in my place.

"Why did you come with him?"

"Why were you even listening to our talks in the first place? That's just creepy." I asked, mentioning my thoughts.

"I asked first."

"I asked second, your point being?"

"Just fucking answer me, damn it! Why the fuck did you come with him?" I was taken aback by his outburst and I could feel my eyes getting teary due to the unwanted attention.

"Let's not create scene here, Dante." I whispered, looking around the students who had their eyes glues on us.

"Avelyn."

"He offered me." I put it simply in an hope that he won't ask any more questions, but it was not like all your wishes come true.

"So, he was at your place?" I nodded, not believing my voice. I was trembling with nervousness and fear. Nervousness because we were the centre of attraction and probably gossips for the next week or so and fear because I didn't want Ms. Jones to give me detention. It would just ruin my clear record.

"Chill bro, it's no big deal." Ethan spoke, landing a comforting hand on my shoulder and it did ease me a little.

"You fucking stay out of this." He said, looking at him and then turned his gaze back at me.

"What the fuck was he doing at your place so early in the morning?" His voice filled with curiousity, anger, frustration and many more emotions which were yet to decipher.

Before I could reply, my fear came true as Ms. Jones' angry voice boomed through the classroom, "Both of you, out! Detention after school for an hour."

Some of the students snickered and tears welled up my eyes. Ethan gave me a reassuring squeeze as I tried to control the tears from escaping. Not wanting to humiliate myself more, I grabbed my bag and walked out of the classroom not before giving him a sad smile.

And there goes my clear record.

I sat on one of the chairs in the corridor and covered my face with both of my palms. I rubbed my eyes to let go of the wetness and took a deep breath. Call it overacting, but it was a huge deal for me.

As I was drowning in my misery, I heard footsteps coming closer and there was no second guess as to who the person was. It was strange how familiar I was with the sound of his steps, but you just get used to it when they decide to stay around you most of the times.

"You didn't answer me."

"Go away."

"I will, once I get my answer." God, he was so stubborn.

I decided to ignore him and started playing with the hem of my shirt. He placed his hands on my shoulder and turned me towards him. That was when I realised how close we really were. Even though there was enough space between us, I was suffocating.

"What's going on between you two?" He asked, looking straight into my eyes. His blue eyes stared into mine searching for answers.

"Nothing."

"So, you both were hugging in the corridor for nothing?"

"It was a friendly hug." I cleared.

"He doesn't make friends." He stated and the frustration inside me grew with every passing second. Even Stella didn't ask me so many questions when I denied about having a sleepover at her place two weeks back.

"How's that my problem?!"

"He has never shown these gestures before."

"So?"

"You tell me. What's going on between you two?" And we were back to square one.

"We're seeing each other." A voice came from none other than the subject of our talk, Klaus, leaving both of us shocked and curious.

••••••••

And I am back with the brand new chapter

Alsooo, we have gain some more readers, yippppeeeee!