10

Have you ever hidden yourself in your own house?

No?

Then your life is going just fine.

I cursed under my breath as I heard his footsteps coming closer. I was hiding in my closet, behind the messy heap of clothes and silently praying that he won't find me.

Noah has already found her and I think all you guys need to know is, she is drenched in ice cold water from head to toe and shivering like crazy.

"You can't hide from me, Avelyn!" His voice roared and I flinched at the thought of him finding me.

What was going on you can ask.

Long story short, Stella posted his photo holding a pink teddy bear when he was sixteen.

Why was I in trouble? You all must be thinking.

Well, I just told her where he has hidden his photo album.

I sighed in relief when I heard the sound of footsteps going far. I peeked from the small hole and smiled in triumphant when I found the coast clear. I dusted the imaginary dust and stepped out of the closet. I tip toed towards my door and locked it.

It was five in the evening and I was tired with a high dose of hunger. I needed food, but I didn't want to get drenched in ice cold water.

Life's tough, fellas.

I waited for one more hour— okay, fine. Five more minutes, but then I couldn't hold my hunger anymore, so I decided to cross my fingers, pray to God, be brave and make my way towards kitchen.

I opened the door and looked left and right, once I saw no one at the sight, I rushed towards the kitchen, quickly made myself two PB&Js and hurried my steps towards the room and locked it quickly.

"Phew." I breathed in relief and sat on the bed munching my sandwich.

I was on my last bite of the sandwich when I heard a tap on my window.

Must be the branches.

I ignored it continued munching my sandwich, when I heard another tap and another and another.

Okay, it's not the branch.

I quickly stood up from the bed and fidgeted with my fingers in panick when I saw a shadow outside my window. Oh no! The figure came closer and I took it as my cue to scream when I heard the sound of window opening.

"Ahh...shmcvbnkm—" My scream came out muffled because of the huge hand on my mouth. I bit his hand, kicked him in his jewel, rushed towards the door and quickly unlocked it. Just as I was about to step out, a hand snaked around my waist and threw me on the bed.

"You are so fucking violent, nerd."

My eyes shot open at this as I looked at the blue eyes boy hovering over me. His hands were on either side of my face and his face was dangerously close. Our noses were almost touching and my heartbeat increased.

"Wh-What are y-you doing h-here?"

"Didn't I tell you that I will see you at five?" My eyes wide widened in realisation and my mouth fell open.

So, that's what he was talking about.

I place my hands on his chest and pushed him to get him off of me, but obviously, his body was made of steel.

"Get off me." I huffed and hit him in the chest.

"Nope."

My mouth fell open at his blunt response and I smacked him again. I would have been already lost in those beautiful blue orbs with slight green feckles in them, if last week wouldn't have happened. I completely remember how he stole my first kiss, embarassed me and then made me feel like a girl with hormonal problems. I was not going to let round two happen.

"Get the hell off me!" I pushed him again, but sigh.

"What happened to you?" He asked, suddenly getting all serious and maybe, just maybe I heard concern in his voice.

Yeah, no. Concern my foot!

"What happened to me?" I asked, still trying to push him off me.

"You are acting a bit..." He stopped and thought for a perfect word to describe my behaviour, "Distant."

"I am not and even if I am, that's none of your damn business!"

"You did not come for babysitting me the past entire week." He argued.

"I didn't feel like it." Definitely not after what you did to me, but obviously I was not going to say that, "Plus, you are a grown ass person, why'd you need babysitting in the first place? Learn to control yourself," And then I muttered under my breath, "along with your male ego."

"You don't even talk to me in school."

"Just because I am your babysitter doesn't mean I have to talk to you!"

And that's how we ended up just glaring at each other for the next five minutes or so. Okay, it was me glaring and him just staring, but you got the point.

Slowly, I felt his hand moving up and down my thigh as he leaned closer. My breathing hitched and my heartbeat accelerated. Electricity shot through my entire body and I felt shivers down my spine.

"W-What are you d-doing?" My voice came out as a whisper.

His face was close, too close. Our lips almost brushed when he spoke, "I am sorry." His face nuzzled into my neck as he gave me a soft kiss. I bit the inside of my cheek trying to control the unknown emotion that was spreading down my body as he feather kissed all over my collarbone.

"I am sorry." His voice brought me back into reality and I turned my face just as he was about to kiss me on the lips.

Yeah, no. No one would be more stupid than me if I let a man who stole my first kiss tried to kiss me again after making me look like a fool during the first one.

"You're not." I whispered as tears welled up in my eyes.

"You are doing it again, Dante. You just want to embarass me so that you can make fun of me in front of everyone. Leave me alone, Dante. I was doing just fine without you in my life. Stop messing with my head, my emotions and my feelings. Just, leave me alone." He stared at me dumbfounded, not expecting me to say all of the stuff.

He opened his mouth to say something, but before he could say anything, the door of my room flew open and came a very angry looking Noah.

"He is the one you were fucking that day?" He asked, and I groaned.

"No—"

"Wait, you are not a virgin?!" Dante asked and I opened my mouth to protest, when Noah peeped in.

"Why don't I have any knowledge about my baby sister fucking random guys?!"

"I a—"

"Is that why you don't want to kiss me? Because you are with someone else?"

"Why the fuck are you still on top of her?! Get off her!"

"Ca—"

"Who is the bastard I have to kill?"

"GET THE FUCK OFF HER!"

••••••••

Are you guys enjoying Dante or are you missing Zack?