18

I tied my hair in a ponytail and glanced myself for the last time before nodding at myself through the mirror and walking out of the room. I was wearing a casual white t-shirt with the quote, "Not Yours" written over it and a pair of dark denim jeans with no makeup on, whatsoever. I did not make any effort in getting ready because I wanted him to know that I was still angry at him and I was not even a bit interested in babysitting him.

To say that I was not nervous at all would be a big fat lie. I had to babysit him with no adult figure around us and we all know how close he gets when we are alone. Ofcourse, I was shitting my pants.

Not, literally, just to be more specific.

"Avelyn, come on! We are leaving." My mother's voice rang through my ears and  I replied with the usual, "I am already here, mom."

She glanced at me from top to bottom for about three times before letting out a small not so sarcastic compliment, "Don't you look ravishing?"

"Let's just go." I muttered and called shotgun even though I was the only one.

Bad habits die hard.

Apart from the fact, it was not a bad habit.

Twenty minutes and six songs later, we were parked outside the Knights. It literally took me thirty minutes when I first came here, but that was because I decided not to take my car- One of the stupidest decision, I tell you.

My mom rang the bell and within no time, Sarah was standing in front of us with the largest grin on her face. Both of them gushed like crazy just thinking about shopping and after bidding me a quick goodbye, they left.

Leaving me all alone.

With him.

I took a deep breath and went inside. I roamed my eyes in search of him and luckily, he was sitting on the couch in the living room watching some action movie. Means, I won't have to be in his room. I didn't know why, but just the thought of being in his room with him, alone ran shivers down my body. I decided to take a sit on the other couch and started walking towards it.

"Okay, then. Here goes nothing." I muttered, under my breath.

I made myself comfortable on the couch and concentrated my focus on the television. It looked like some scene from Fast And Furious, but I was unsure about which part. Even though I was not a huge fan of action movies, but right now, anything was better than talking to him.

It might look like I was intently watching the movie, but my mind was diverted towards him who was shamelessly staring at me and it was getting awkward with every passing second. I couldn't concentrate on the movie- As if I wanted to anyways, but you guys got the point.

"What?" I finally asked, turning my head towards him.

"What?" He asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Why are you staring at me?"

"Why the fuck would I stare at you?" He retorted and my mouth fell open in shock at his white lie.

"You were definitely staring at me!" I argued back, turning my body completely towards him.

"Why the fuck were you staring at me?" He asked and I just blink my eyes in utter shock.

"Why the hell would I stare at you?"

"Then how the fuck do you know I was staring at you?"

Oh my god, this guy!

"Firstly, stop cussing after every single word and secondly, I could feel your burning gaze!" By now, we both were glaring at each other and I was the first one to look away with a huff.

I crossed my arms over my chest and stared at the television in anger. Some scene was going on where two cars were clashing and fire broke out and stuff and I didn't want anything more than put Dante in there.

Okay, okay, no, Avelyn. That's too mean.

"Bitch." I heard him mutter and that was it for me. I stood from the couch and walked in front of him, anger clearly visible on my face.

"Did you just call me a bitch?" I asked and his face went from confusion to realisation and then shock.

"What? No!" He stood up instantly with his hands in the air.

"Stop lying! I heard you."

"That was not for you!"

"Yeah? Then for whom was it? The invisible lady sitting right there?" I asked, pointing at nowhere. By now, I was fuming in anger.

"First, you doubt my status, second, you doubt my virginity, third, you stare at me and say you were not and last but not the least, you call me a bitch! What the hell is wrong with you? Oh, I know what is wrong with you. You are a bipolar who thinks I lost my virginity to a guy just because I was hugging him. Like what is wrong in hugging people? People hug each other all the time. Ethan hugs me all the time. Does it mean we had sex? Ofcourse, not, because we didn't. But no, you want to create a freaking mess out of everything. Why? Because you are jus-" I was silenced with a pair of warm lips smashed against mine. My hands were on the side and my eyes wide open. He was helding my face with both of his palms and kissing me slowly. Few seconds later when I got over the shock, I pushed him with everything I had and stumbled back a little.

"What is wrong with you?! You cannot just go around kissing people. But then again you kiss girls all the time, so it might not mean anything to you, but it means everything to me. So, kindly do not kiss me ever again if you don't mean it or your dad might think I am a gold digger and start calling me names because I am not after anyone's money. I am happy on my own, b-" For the second time today I was silenced with a pair of warm lips, but this time I responded. Don't ask me why, but I did. The sensible part in my brain was knocked out a long time ago. A minute, we pulled back. His forehead was pressed against mine as our breathing came in short span.

"Has anyone ever told you that you speak a lot?" He whispered ever so softly.

"Only when I get really pissed."

"Good thing that I piss you a lot because I am definitely enjoying the kisses here." Before I could open my mouth to protest, he spoke up, "And it sure as hell doesn't mean nothing to me. You know why?" I shook my head in denial, unable to comprehend sentences.

"Because I fucking like you."

••••••••

More cliffhangers and interesting chapters coming soon and by soon I mean after two- three weeks as my uni exams are not even fifteen days far and I am not at all prepared