MEMORIES, A NEW FRIEND, AND A SECRET

Beep beep beep!

Ugh... what happened?

Beep beep beep!

Oh yeah... Misuki.

Beep beep beep!

Where am I?

Beep beep beep!

"Ugh." I groaned painfully. A weight shifted on my arm.

"Kota?" Jiri's hopeful voice asked.

"Uncle Ji?" I cracked one eye open to see him with a look mix with happiness, shock, anger, and relief.

"What were you thinking?! You could have gotten yourself killed!!" He said loudly. I flinched. Yup. He's mad.

"Sorry. Naruto needed help" I said. He sighed and rubbed his temples.

"I swear. Still the worried girl you were ten years ago" he sighed.

"Hehe. Yeahhhhhhhh"

"I'm going to get the hokage. You rest" he ordered. I saluted, wincing slightly.

"Yessir"

He sighed again and left. Moments later, he and gramps came back, along with Kakashi.

"Hey gramps" I greeted. He rushed over and put the back of his hand to my forehead.

"How are you feeling dear?" He asked. I shrugged with a grin.

"Like a pincushion. You know me. Something's always gotta happen" I shrugged painfully, hoping he didn't notice my flinch. No such luck...

"Stop joking Kota."

"Alright alright. Honestly? It hurts to move" I told him. He sighed.

"That is normal. Anything else?"

"Not really..."

"Kota" Ji said warningly. My stomach growled, making me blush. "Food it is" he added, walking from the room. Gramps sat in the chair next to me. He sighed heavily.

"You should be more careful Kota" he said. I shrugged.

"That would be too smart" I joked. He chuckled.

"You truly are one of a kind. How was your day?" He asked. I smiled.

"Honestly. It was the best day of my life!" I said. He looked at me strangely.

"How so?"

"Well lets see. I come to Konahagakure, the best place in the world. I get to protect it with my life as a ninja. I have a wicked ninja family. And I got to protect naruto" I answered. He chuckled.

"Chow time" Ji said as he walked back in with a tray. It had rice, ham, and a glass of orange juice. He handed it to me. "Eat"

"Yes sir" I said with a mock salute. He rolled his eyes with a grin as I began eating. I said the tray down when I was done and stretched.

"What time is it?" I asked.

"Seven o'clock" Ji answered. I nodded.

"Kay. Out please so I can get ready for school" I said. Gramps and Ji rose and eyebrow.

"What makes you think you're going to school in your condition?" Gramps asked. I stood.

"I'm feeling better and I want to meet my team" I answered truthfully.

"Really now? Try taking a few steps" he ordered. I did so and almost fell. I looked down to see my ankle in a cast. I pouted.

"Please?" I asked. he shook his head.