MEETING THE TEMPERARY TEAM

>Kakashi POV<

When I walked into Kota's room to wake her up, I was expecting her to be hanging halfway off the bed like usual. I wasn't exactly expecting her to already be awake, laying on her stomach as she read a large, old looking book.

"Kota. What are you doing up?" I asked, a little shocked. She looked up, smiling guiltily.

"I couldn't sleep, so I thought I'd read a little before going to bed" she said. I held down a chuckle.

"Um... Kota...... You realize that it's morning, right?" I asked, an amused smile breaking out on my face as I saw her eyes widen in panic.

"Already?! I read all night?!" She yelled, jumping up and running to her wardrobe. "Thanks Kashi! I'll get ready and be down soon!"

I chuckled and closed the door, but couldn't keep the nervousness from settling in my gut. What's going to happen if she's too tired today? She's a smart girl, she should do fine on the first part, by what about the forest of Death? Fatigue can make ones reactions slow, their instincts lazy, etc.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

"She'll be fine" I tried assuring myself. "She's strong willed."

I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

"But will power alone can only get her so far....."

>Kota POV<

I dressed in black shorts that went mid thigh with fishnet leggings underneath, a blood red tank top under my unzipped black leather jacket, and a pair of black, knee high combat boots. I taped from my knuckles to my wrists and made sure to put on my weapon pouches. I pulled my long red hair into a ponytail, clipping my bangs to the side with my scythe clip, and looked at my reflection in my head band.

"Wish me luck mom and dad. And help Naruto out as much as you can" I sighed before tying my headband around my waist. I ran out and down the steps to the living room three steps at a time.

"Hey Kashi, I'm gonna head out!" I called.

"Alright! Be careful!"

"Got it!"

I ran out of the house and ran toward the academy, where the test was being held. My stomach growled suddenly, and I was reminded that I didn't have dinner or breakfast. I paused in my running and poked around. I made a sound of joy when I spotted a small cafe. I ran in and quickly ordered an orange juice. When I had that, I bought three apples from a fruit cart, figuring I'd try to make nice with my temporary team.

I ran towards the third floor with my apple in my mouth. Finally I stumbled upon the pile up on the second floor.

"We're just weeding out the weaklings"

Izumo and Kotetsu were standing there in their younger form.

"Wow, you guys aren't the sharpest cleavers in the chopping block are you?" I asked, taking the apple from my mouth and chewing what I had bitten off. Everyone looked at me and I felt my cheeks redden at the attention as I avoided all possible eye contact.

"Kota-chan!!" Naruto yelled as he ran up to my.

"Hm?" I mumbled, looking at him before swallowing my food and grinning. "Hey! What's up bro?"

"These jerks aren't letting anyone into the exam room!" He yelled angrily, glaring at the smirking teenage ninjas.

"Well" I mumbled, scratching my cheek. I then pointed upwards with a closed eye smile. "I don't think it matters if they let you guys in that room, cause you guys are on the wrong floor"