AutoMail

Two months later, Sasuke had left, and I couldn't stop him because of my injuries. At my insistence, Naruto and Jiraiya had went to get Tsunade to agree to take over Konaha while gramps stayed in office till she got here. I was stuck in the house until the blacksmith finished my automail.

I just finished sending a messenger hawk, which gramps had given me- I had taken the liberty of deeming him Hedwig- to Suna to tell Gaara, Temari, and Kankuro that my automail should be done tomorrow. I waited an hour, and finally Hedwig returned, a reply in his little pouch. I unfolded the paper and read:

Kota,

It's great that you will soon be out and about again. We will be there early tomorrow morning to visit. See you then.

-Gaara

-Temari

-Kankuro/bf

I rolled my eyes with a smile as I spotted Kankuro's signature.

"Good job Hedwig." I said, tossing the hawk a mouse flavored treat. He snatched it and ate it before flying into his cage.

~•~

"Alright now Miss Kota, this will hurt just a bit. We're going to the artificial nerves with the nerves in you're legs." Said the nurse as she placed a wrench on a bolt of the metal leg fitted to my stump.

"Alright." I said, taking a deep breath.

*clink*

"GOD DAMMIT THAT HURTS!" I screeched, pained tears bubbling in my eyes.

"We've still got quite a few to do." The doctor said with an apologetic smile. "You'll have to hang in there."

I grit my teeth when a soft hand enveloped mine. I looked up in surprise to see Kankuro, who was holding my hand, Gaara, and Temari.

*clink*

I hissed, accidentally squeezing Kankuro's hand, as the tears slowly trickled down my cheeks.

"Damn...." I growled lowly.

"It's okay Kota-Nii." Gaara murmured, standing at the side of me that Kankuro wasn't on.

*clink*

I grit my teeth and swallowed a scream.

"When'd you guys get here?" I ground out, hoping to distract myself.

"Just now, how are you feeling?" Temari asked softly.

"Just...." *clink* ".... Peachy....." I squeaked weakly.

Gaara slowly, unsurely, put his arm over my shoulders.

*clink*

"OUCH! STOP THAT!" I finally snapped. The doctor simply smiled.

"Your leg is done." She said happily. I looked down at the all but perfect artificial leg, it's only flaw being the obviousness of its metal parts. The limb was completely silver, and very complex, like Ed's from FMA (A/N: which I do not own).

"Give it a go." Kankuro smiled softly. I nodded and he helped me off the table. I stood on the leg, gradually putting more weight on it. He gave my hand an encouraging squeeze and I smiled before taking a step.

I nearly fell, not used to the feeling, but Kankuro caught me, holding me around my waist tightly.

"I got you." He whispered in my ear. The door slid open as Kankuro helped to steady me, and Kakashi walked in. He stopped, seeing my leg.

"How does it feel?" He asked gently, walking over to me and kneeling, tapping the metal knee with his knuckle.

"Weird." I mumbled.