......... CHAPTER 8 {for a lack of a better title}

Kakashi POV.

I woke up and went to check on Kota. I opened her door quietly and smiled at what I saw. Kota was curled into a ball, holding her new bear tightly in her grasp, sleeping soundly. I quickly took a picture for the hokage before going to wake her.

"Kota" I said softly, shaking her shoulder. Her eyes snapped open and her hand flew to the right side of her head, almost hitting me in the process. I jumped back and she blinked.

"Oh yeah" she said. She sat up. "Hey Kashi" she yawned, her cap falling over her eye slightly. "What time is it?"

"Six" I answered.

"Better get ready, were already late" she sighed. I nodded and went to get ready myself.

Kota POV.

I dressed, brushed my hair and teeth, and put on my shoes before heading to the kitchen. There was bacon and eggs waiting on the table while Kakashi read his book. I sat down and ate quietly.

"How did you sleep?" Kakashi asked.

"Good. I was beat last night" I said. He chuckled and nodded.

*time skip*

We finally arrived at the meeting spot and naruto and sakura immediately griped at us.

"You're late!"

"Sorry team. I saw a black cat on my way and went the long way around" Kakashi lied.

"Lies!"

"I just slept in" I shrugged. "Then fought a bear"

"More lies!" Sakura yelled.

"You can fight a bear?!" Naruto asked. I shrugged.

"If we ever meet a bear, we'll know"

"Anyways! So..."

~timeskip since most of you probably know what happened anyways and I'm lazy. :3~

"You all pass. First mission is tomorrow" Kakashi smiled. We headed towards the office as the others went home. Kakashi knocked and we entered.

"Hey gramps!" I ran to him, but once again heard a whistling sound. I black flipped and landed in a crouch, bringing out my own kunai as an ANBU rushed at me. All the other sensei's and gramps were shocked. He swung at me and I dodged, bringing my foot up to kick him in the chest, knocking him back. He started making familiar handsigns and time froze as I remembered something.

"Listen Kota. If anyone you are fighting does this jutsu," papa did handsigns and breathed lightning. "Then you have to do this to counter it" he made the lion, tiger, snake, turtle, rat, and boar seals. The lightning came at him and he held out his palm, absorbing the lightning. "Got it?"

"Yes daddy!"

I started doing all six handsigns just as he spat lightning at me.

"No!" Kakashi and gramps yelled. I held my hands out.

"Absorption!" I yelled. The lightning hit and I absorbed it. I felt overwhelmed for a moment before righting myself. "Is everyone okay?" I asked, looking around. Everyone was fine, just shocked. "Good, no one got hurt" I sighed. Kakashi grabbed my shoulders.

"Kota! Are you okay!?" He asked.

"I'm fine, just fine" I assured. I looked at the ANBU. "You might wanna be a bit more careful with that lightning" I said seriously.

"Kota? How did you...."

"Dad" I said simply. Gramps nodded at my answer. The ANBU then started freaking out.