SAYING GOOD BYE TO NEW FRIENDS

Once I was clean, we all went to the kitchen to eat dinner.

Naruto and sasuke had an eating contest before they both vomited. Wait for it...

"You do you try so hard?! You'll never beat Gato! You'll all die!"

There it is.

I sat my cup down.

"What did you say?!" Naruto yelled.

"There's no such thing as Heros. You don't know what true pain is!"

"Kid" I interrupted. Everyone looked at me as I looked at him coldly from the corner of my eye. "Shut up. You don't know what you're talking about."

"You're wrong! No one feels the pain like I do!"

"You're right" I agreed. "I can list at least four people at this table that have suffered worse than you"

"Oh yeah?! Who?!"

"Naruto, Kakashi, sasuke, and me"

"Lies! You are always happy from what Blondie says! I doubt you've had one hard thing happen in your life!"

The teacup in my hand shattered, cutting me.

"I apologize Tsuname, I've broken your cup" I told the stunned woman. I stood slowly. "They think my joy is real, and sometimes it is, but most of the time, it's an act" I said emotionlessly. "Because if they knew what I was really like, they would question for my mental health. If they knew what went on in my mind, they would be rocking in a corner, hitting their heads with rocks to get rid of the thoughts. It's a mask I put on for the public. An act" I said.

"I don't believe you! What hardship could you have faced?!"

"Try losing both your parents" I looked at the floor. "Then living a lie. Try living your life in a place where you a branded as an outcast, ignored and mocked. Then coming to your real home, and you have but one blood relative left. And they don't know you even exist. You have a brother, but you can't tell him, or he could be in mortal danger. Seeing him every day, and being tore up each time he looks at you because you know, you can never tell him. The one true blood relative you have left doesn't even know I'm his sister. And I see him every day, talk to him, but can't take care of him. He's my little brother and all I can do to even feel like a good sister is watch over him. Even then, I die a little each time I talk to him. Our parents are dead, and I can't take care of him like a good sister should, I can't be there for him when he needs me, because if I do, if he were to know, dangerous people would be after him, after his life, and I can't risk his life. So I live with the guilt of not being there for him, and the fear of him greeting hurt, or worse. I decide to live my life to protect him and everyone he cares about until I die." Tears slid down my cheeks. "And as for the hero, I know ones who gave his life, saving thousands in the process, no matter how scare he must have been to take his own life, he did it."

"W-Who?"

"............... My....... My dad............ I'm going on a walk" I walked from the cottage and into the forest, not noticing the shadow following me until a sharp pain in my neck caused me to black out.

*time skip*

I woke in an unfamiliar room and noticed how familiar it really was. Zabuza's tree house. I cursed and ran towards the bridge, where naruto and sasuke were about to get hit with the shower of senbon. Sasuke stepped in front of naruto and I ran in front of him, hissing when the deadly weapons entered my body.

"K-Kota! Why?!" Naruto yelled. I smiled.

"I also vowed to protect my team for as long as I can."

"Please don't die! You're like an imouto to me! A big sister!" He said as his eyes watered. I cupped his cheek with a smiled.

"And you're like my nii-chan, my brother...." I blacked out with that, unable to stay awake any longer.

*timeskip*

I heard broken sobs.

"She's gone! Really gone!"

"Imouto why?!?!"

"I'm sorry team. I-I should have been there."

There was a gasp.

"Gato!"

"This is for my arm!"

Despite my injuries, I flashed between Gato and haku. I pushed him away.

"Stay away from the boy" I snarled. He Gasped.

"Y-you're alive?!"

"Kota!!!" My team yelled. I held a hand up, keeping them from running over.

"Yes. It's your fault haku is dead, and I would kill you, but it's not my place. Ne, Zabuza?" I asked as he stepped up next to me. I held the handle of a kunai out to him and he took it.

"Thanks kid" he mumbled before running off. I turned as my team and Tazuna ran to me. I started falling forward, but Kakashi caught me and laid me on the ground.

"Just doing that took more out of me than I thought" I chuckled tiredly. "Stupid cunt" I blinked.

"You're alive" Kakashi said.

"Did you expect me to die before the chunnin exams? You loco Kashi"

"You're really alive" was all he said. He hugged me tightly, careful of the weapons sticking from my skin. I still winced.

"In pain, but alive. I still have people to protect remember?"

Inari ran over after the villagers scared off the thugs. He looked down at me in shock.

"Look at you Inari, being a hero just like your dad." I smiled. "I can't say the same, getting injured like this. I'm pathetic" I laughed lightly. He shook his head quickly.

"You were hurt helping the people you love, right? You are a hero" he said. I smiled.

"Thanks kid. You're so smart. And I'm... So tired...." I said as my eyes started closing.

"Get some rest, we'll fix you up at the house" Tazuna said.

"Can do"

My eyes fluttered closed.

*timeskip*

I was riding piggy-back on Kakashi's back as we prepared to head home.

"I'll miss you" Inari said to me after his little cry off with naruto. I smiled.

"Same here kid. I've got something I want to give you" i said. Kakashi set me down and I sat on the ground as I pulled my old bear from my bag. I looked at it with a sad smile.

"I've had him since I was five" I looked at Inari. "He helped me through nightmares and hard times. He reminds me of my old foster family. But...." I stopped, smiling sadly. "It's about time that I let go of the past, and focused on the present." I handed him the bear. He hugged it tightly.

"A-are you sure?" He sniffed.

"Absolutely. Be careful with his left leg, it's had to be sewn on twice" I warned. He nodded.

"I'll take good care of him, I promise" he said. I smiled and ruffled his hair.

"I know you will"

He jumped at me and hugged me, crying into my shoulder. I shook off my shock and smile at him. Tazuna kneeled beside me and hugged me, along with Tsuname.

"See ya round runt" Tazuna said. I laughed.

"We'll see"

"Come on team" Kakashi said, putting me on his back again.

"What will we name the bridge grampa?" Inari asked as we walked away.

"What about the great naruto bridge?!" I yelled back.

"I like the ring if that" Tazuna chuckled. I grinned.