MORE UNWANTED VISITORS

"What would Lord Orochimaru want with her?" Asked one voice. My eyes snapped open and I kicked at their head, making them fly into a wall as I landed on my feet and looked around my room. Five people, not counting the guy I had attacked, surrounded me. Upon further examination, I discovered all of them had curse marks.

"What do you want?" I asked cruelly, blinking away sleep.

"Lord Orochimaru wanted us to see how much stronger you've gotten." Smirked a girl with purple hair and orange eyes.

"Leave." I growled.

Dammit! When Kakashi left the in dogs went into the summon dimension or whatever. No wonder I didn't hear them come in.

"We can't do that."

>Kankuro POV<

I finally made it to Kota's house. I woke up with a strange feeling that told me to come here, and it's a good thing I did. The door was kicked down and I could hear crashes and yelling coming from inside, though it was faint. I hurried inside and ran to the source of the racket. I threw open what I'm assuming to be Kota's bedroom door and saw her in the middle of a freaky group of people, appearing to already be injured as she fought them all off. She was pretty good, but she was losing.

"Hey!" I yelled, making them all stop and look at me as I drew a kunai and threw it at the person closest to Kota. "Leave her alone." I growled as my kunai pierced the guys leg. He cried out.

"Dammit. This is gonna cause some racket and if we get found, we'll be in trouble." A guy grumbled. "Retreat!"

They all teleported away and Kota fell to her knees in exhaustion. She had fresh cuts on her face and arms, her shirt was torn in varying spots. She was breathing heavily and I could just tell her nerves were getting to her when she put a hand to her head.

"Hey." I said softly, picking her up and setting her on her messy bed. "Are you alright?"

She didn't say anything and her head stayed down.

"Kota?" I asked, touching her shoulder. She fell on her side and I jumped back in surprise. "Oi!" I felt her head.

She had a fever.

"Dammit...." I growled. I laid her on her back and pulled her covers over her shoulders before going to the kitchen. It took a while of digging around but I finally found the tea stuff. I made her a warm mug of tea and put a spoon full of honey in it to sweeten it. I also grabbed a rag and ran some water over it before heading to her room.

I sat in a chair beside her bed and gently dabbed the rag on her forehead.

"Kota, please wake up." I begged quietly. I gave a heavy sigh of relief when her eyes fluttered open and she looked at me.

"Kankuro?" She whispered. She gasped and sat up, looking around the room.

"Hey, hey, calm down. You're fine." I said soothingly, handing her the mug of tea. "Here. This will help your nerves."

"Oh.... Thanks.." She muttered, sipping it. I stood up and went into the bathroom, digging around until I found a first aid kit.

"Here, lets get you patched up."

>Kota POV<

"Are you alright?" Kankuro asked once he finished dressing my new wounds.

"I'm fine now." I smiled at him. "Thank you."

His ears turned a bit pink as he rubbed the back of his neck.

"It was nothing....." He mumbled. I laughed at him and tossed my covers off of me, swinging my legs over the edge of the bed. "What're you doing?"

"I've got to clean up this mess." I replied simply as I started picking up whatever had fallen. "Is the front door busted?"

"Well... Yeah... But I'll fix that." He volunteered, standing up. I laughed at him.

"Do you even know how to fix a door?" I asked.

"Not really......" He admitted, making me laugh more. "Oh, but you do?"

"Yes, I do." I smirked, reaching over and patting his cheek. "Doors, walls, windows, I can do it all sweetheart."

He tried to scowl, but ended up smiling as he shook his head.

"What ever."

A/N: sorry it's so short, but I ran out of ideas for this chappeh.