THE DATE {PART THREE}

"I'll start. um..... favorite food?" He asked.

"Spaghetti." I answered automatically.

"What in the name of Kami is that?" He asked with a confused smile, tilting his head in an adorable way.

"Okay, you you take flour, salt, and water and then you make thin noodles." I began. "After that, you fry some beef and chop it up. than you take a tomato sauce and add it to the meat and put some spices in it until it's just how you want it. Then you either mix the sauce into the noodles, or you can put it on top of the noodles."

"That sounds..... strange..." He said with a sheepish smile.

"Well that's understandable since no one but me knows what it is." I laughed. "It's really good. Maybe before you leave you, Temari, and Gaara can come over and have dinner with Kashi and me, and I'll make it then." I suggested.

"Are you sure he'd be okay with that?" Kankuro asked.

"Who? Kakashi?" I asked, tilting my head slightly and crossing my arms as I smirked in amusement.

"Yeah. He didn't exactly seem thrilled about me being there earlier. And if Gaara were to feel threatened then-"

"Woah, woah." I chuckled. "Calm down Kankuro. Kakashi was just being over protective earlier. If you weren't taking me out tonight, I'm positive he wouldn't have been intimidating you. Well... not as much anyways." I laughed.

"Here you go!" Jay chirped, striding up to our table with a tray in her hands. "An order of assorted onigari, some stir fry noodles- beef flavored of course-, and a large chocolate milkshake with two straws." she listed off as she set our orders in front of us.

"Thank you." Kankuro and I said at exactly the same time, only to look at eachother and laugh.

"Alright sugars, enjoy." She chuckled, walking away. 

We ate, joking and poking fun at eachother. After sharing the milkshake and paying, we left. As we walked down the center of the street, hand in hand, out of no where rain started pouring from the sky.

"Well this isn't random?" Kankuro asked. "Come on, let's get out of the rain." He said, pulling my hand.

"What? Are you kidding?" I laughed, grabbing his other hand and spinning. "You don't want to dance in the rain?"

"There's no music we can dance to." he chuckled.

"Then we'll make our own." I responded, grinning.

"What-"

"Shush." I interrupted, stopping in my spinning and releasing one of his hands to put a finger to his lips as I gave him a closed eye smile. "Just humor me."

"Alright." He said, smiling back. I started humming and retook the hand I had recently released. "I see now." He chuckled as he began moving from side to side with me. I gradually began singing softly.